When your dog shakes head to one side or scratch, Do Thisby Monkoo Dog Monkoodog is a community to connect dog lovers fro
With all stores and services being shut up around the world, except for essential ones, dog owners have to take the role of grooming by themselves.
If you notice your dog shaking the head to one side or a bad odor, you need to clean his ears. If you regularly take your dog to the groomers, it must be more than a month now since the last visit and your dog will require a grooming session right away, and here are a few tips to get you started.
How to clean a dog’s ears
Not all dogs require their ears to be cleaned but some accumulate wax which when not removed, might lead to ear infections. If your dog usually has its ears cleaned during its grooming sessions, then it is important for you to handle the task now. You can either use regular cotton or wipes to remove dirt or you can use the ear cleaners that were prescribed by your vet or groomer.
- First, make sure that your dog is relaxed and is likely to cooperate. You can also call another family member to assist.
- Use the OTC cleaner or the one prescribed and fill the canal with the required amount of solution.
- Massage the spot under the ear for a few seconds to ensure that the solution has worked in. After this, use cotton to remove any debris that you can see making sure that you don’t push anything inside.
- Wipe the ears again with dry tissues or cotton.
- If your dog was obedient throughout the process, give him the treat to reward him for good behavior.
Tips for grooming
In addition to this, you will need to take care of other grooming processes of your dog.
- In case you have not cut dog’s nails by yourself before, it is advisable to not try it as you might end up cutting a nerve and cause bleeding. You can, however, file the nails.
- If you are planning to bathe your dog, make sure you groom the coat before bath as well. This is because, in case of a thick coat, it might become tedious to untangle the matted parts.
In case you want to trim your dog’s coat, make sure it is after a bath. It will be easier and more effective as well.
Created on Nov 27th 2020 11:16. Viewed 288 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.