When Does Your Car Qualify As A Lemon?by Andrew Richardson allenstewart
Lemon law helps in protecting an individual from defective vehicles. The law gives people the right to demand a refund or new vehicle from the manufacturer if the truck or car they bought has mechanical defects. The Lemon Law in Oklahoma applies to all cars registered under the state. But the lemon law will not cover vehicles, which weighs over 10,000 pounds. The law is applied to both leased and purchased cars and the people to whom it is transferred within the warranty period.
Sings that prove your car is a lemon
Driving a lemon car is pretty dangerous and risky, as the malfunctions will affect the breaks, transmissions, wheels, and steering of your vehicle. But to know whether or not your vehicle is a lemon, check the information below.
1. Pay attention to the steering: When you drive, try to pay close attention to the steering. If your vehicle drifts and you have to steer it in a straight direction, then the steering is worn out or damaged. Apart from that, if the wheel slacks, then this also shows that the steering is damaged.
2. Make sure to check the tires: The tires of your vehicle can also indicate if you have purchased a lemon car. Take a look at the tires and see if it is worn out. You will find wears near the sides of the tires, not in the middle. Cupped tires, which have unevenly distributed lines, will also indicate suspension, brake, or steering malfunction.
3. Take a look at the tailpipe: Before you opt for the Lemon Law in Oklahoma, check your vehicle’s tailpipe. It’s because the smoke your vehicle puffs out from the tailpipe will also show many issues. When the smoke is black, then the air filter is dirty, and but its blue smoke then is not a good sign as it indicates oil burning. That will lead you to expensive repairs.
4. Look for recalls: Before or after you purchase the vehicle, make sure to check for recalls. The vehicle manufacturer provides recollections if a particular model gets packed with factory faults.
5. When repairs cannot fix the issues: If you have taken your truck or car for numerous repairs and still did not receive the results you wanted, you have a lemon car. It is crucial that you immediately get in touch with the dealer or talk to a professional lemon law attorney.
Lemon cars are not good news. Such vehicles come with various issues and defects, which makes it difficult for you to use them. You can opt for the Oklahoma Lemon Law to help you receive a brand-new vehicle from the manufacturer.
Andrew Richardson is the author of this Article. To know more about New Car Lemon Law in Texas please visit our website: allenstewart.com
Created on Sep 17th 2020 01:54. Viewed 37 times.