What To Know About Dry Van Trailers?by Luis Jimenez Auto Transport And Manufacturing Business
A dry van is one type of enclosed box trailer offering the highest level of protection for the goods. These are also known as box trailers. Dry vans are extensively used in freight transportation industries in Texas. These trailers are mainly used to transport goods of different sizes and shapes. In terms of capacity, the standard mainly lies between 41,000 to 45,000 lbs. That number specifically refers to the goods being carried. In this article, we are going to discuss major facts about dry van trailers.
Shipping benefits of a dry van
- Dry vans are used to ship a variety of goods of many shapes and sizes
- Dry vans are used to ship a range of perishable & non-perishable goods
- Dry vans also offer a high level of protection as they protect goods from theft and vandalism
- Dry vans offer easy loading and unloading options
Applications for dry vans
Dry vans are extensively used to transport different goods that should be kept secure and safe during freight transport. Furthermore, goods that are highly valuable & need to be secured from vandalism, theft or other outside elements are transported with these dry vans. Here are some examples of products that are transported using dry vans:
- Construction materials such as siding, bricks, plywood, pipes, etc.
- Retail goods & dry goods such as toys, clothing and non-perishable food products
- Agriculture equipment & materials
- Automotive parts & service products
- Beer, spirits, wine, etc
- Printing and publishing materials such as magazines, books, paper, etc.
- Oil & gas equipment
- Healthcare equipment such as personal protective equipment (PPE), non-perishable medicine, syringes, etc.
Due to the fact that these trailers offer a good level of protection, a wide range of cargo is shipped in dry vans or box trailers. The goods or products mentioned above need to be secured from all outside elements, whether it’s rain & snow or theft and vandalism. Apart from that, no temperature control system or reefer van is required for shipping.
In the modern freight shipping industry, the importance of a dry van is huge. Goods are securely loaded into the cargo boxes or pallets. However, according to the trailer manufacturers, dry vans are quite expensive than open carriers and height is also restricted. So, they can not be ideal for large scale goods like machinery, vehicles, etc.
Created on Dec 14th 2021 05:33. Viewed 180 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.