What Dental Problems Do Porcelain Veneers Fix?by Nick Wattson The time has gone when you need to hide face becau
Getting porcelain veneers in New York is mostly considered an aesthetic procedure albeit it is a major dental procedure that can be expensive as well as invasive at the same time. So making sure you find the right cosmetic dentistry for the treatment should be always on priority.
Veneers are wafer-thin shells made from porcelain material that is permanently attached to the front surface of a tooth to mask its color, shape, or appearance. In certain dental conditions, dental veneers are considered a practical option but they are not always necessary as the problems they treat have also alternative methods to fix.
Who can get veneers?
Veneers are thin, custom-made ceramic/composite shells that adhere to the fronts of your teeth. They’re applied similarly to nail appliqués and can last for decades if properly cared for. They can’t be removed once placed at the spot and lasts 15 to 18 years, maybe more if treated well. Porcelain veneers are preferred due to their quality of being more resistant to stains than composite resin substance.
Veneers can be applied to solve a variety of issues but they can’t be considered a valid option if you’re already dealing with some major orthodontic problem. If you have gum disease or tooth decay, you must consult professional cosmetic dentistry New York before treatment.
Types of dental problems that veneers can fix:
Porcelain veneers provide most natural-looking teeth and they are long-lasting solutions. Here are the dental problems that can be treated with veneers:
· Tooth discoloration: If your teeth are discolored from stains, root canal treatments, poor dental hygiene, tobacco consumption, smoking, or any other causes, veneers can help you get whiter teeth again. Some teeth stains, depending on the cause, are simply untreatable with professional teeth whitening in Brooklyn, and so veneers become the most effective choice.
· Chipped or broken teeth: There can be several reasons for chipped or cracked teeth, from teeth grinding to biting hard foods. Porcelain veneers can be attached to hide chipped teeth and make them aesthetically pleasing.
· Gaps in teeth: This treatment can also be used to widen teeth slightly to fill any gaps in your smile. But this method is typically used for cosmetic purposes and dentists may prefer some other treatment for filling teeth gaps.
· Eroded or misshapen teeth: If any of your teeth are eroded, very worn down, or simply misshapen, veneers can help you create a more uniform smile.
· Misaligned teeth: Though misaligned teeth mostly treated with braces, veneers can be also used to correct misaligned teeth that give them compact finishing.
So if you’re upset with those stubborn teeth stains and already had tried teeth whitening treatment, you may choose to dental veneers for a flawless and bright smile. For more information on veneers and other cosmetic treatments, you should talk to a professional cosmetic dentist.
Created on Nov 26th 2019 01:08. Viewed 113 times.