What Are Yahoo Mail Sign-In Issues And How To Fix Them?by Gerry Max Digital Marketing Expert
Amongst the many email communication platforms, Yahoo Mail is preferred the most. Regular updates and addition of new features make Yahoo Mail one of the most popular and widely accepted email platforms. While it gives you an excellent opportunity to fulfill both of your basic as well as advanced needs, instances occur when you lose or forget the Yahoo sign in credentials and can't sign in Yahoo Mail. Such an instance can be a real nightmare, especially when you need instant access to your emails for completing a pending task. However, there are some simple fixes to overcome the situation and ensure continued journey with your emails on Yahoo. Read on to explore what are the various Yahoo Mail sign-in issues and how you can fix them.
Yahoo Mail Sign-in Issues
One of the common issues of Yahoo Mail users, Yahoo Mail can't sign in, occurs either because of incorrect Yahoo Mail sign in ID or the incorrect sign in password. Instances occur when you cannot remember the Yahoo Mail account credentials because of multiple email accounts. That said, each email account may have a unique sign in username and password. In such cases, it may happen that you cannot remember every sign in credentials. So, it is recommended that you keep a note of every email account’s sign in details.
While this is one way by which you can eliminate the risk of entering incorrect sign in information on the Yahoo sign-in page, there are other ways which allows you to retrieve or set the desired sign in credentials on Yahoo Mail.
Can’t Sign In Yahoo Mail? Here’s The Fix!
Now that you have read a couple of scenarios that leads to the Yahoo Mail Can't sign in issues, let’s see how you can overcome the situation using some simple fixes:
Scenario 1: Lost or Forgotten Yahoo Mail Username
Yahoo Mail provides you an option to check your username in case you have lost or forgotten it. Follow the below-mentioned steps to recover your Yahoo Mail username:
1. Open a web browser on your computer.
2. Type in www.yahoomail.com in the browser’s address bar and press Enter.
3. On the Yahoo Mail sign in page, click on the “Forgot Username?” option.
4. The next screen will pop up with three options viz., Sign-in email address or mobile number, Recovery phone number, and Recovery email address.
5. Enter your email address or the phone number in the blank field.
6. Click on Continue.
7. You will be prompted with “Do you have this phone? We will send a verification code to (mobile number).”
8. Click on the “Yes, send me a code” option.
9. Enter the received code in the requested field.
10. Follow the on-screen instructions and you can see the Yahoo Mail username that can be used for sign in purposes.
Scenario 2: Lost or Forgotten Yahoo Mail Sign in Password
In case you have lost or forgotten the Yahoo Mail password, you need to use the sign-in helper to reset the Yahoo password. Here, you will find some options to recover a password. Follow the below-mentioned instructions to recover your Yahoo Mail sign in password and fix the ‘can’t sign in Yahoo Mail’ issue:
1. Open a web browser on your computer and visit Yahoo Mail.
2. On the Yahoo Mail sign-in page, click on the “Trouble signing in?” option.
3. Enter your email address or the registered mobile phone number used for signing up with Yahoo account.
4. Click on Continue.
5. Enter the CAPTCHA code as prompted on your screen.
6. Now, if you can receive a message on your registered mobile phone number, then click on Yes to receive the account key.
7. If you have access to the email address, then click on Yes, to receive the account key via email.
8. Enter the account key in the requested field and click on Verify.
9. Click on “create a new password”.
10. Enter the new password and confirm it by entering it again.
11. Click on Continue and you are done with the Yahoo Mail password recovery.
Another way of recovering a lost or forgotten Yahoo Mail account sign in password is by using the secret questions. In case you have an answer to the secret question, then you can proceed with the Yahoo Sign-in helper to recover the password. All you need to do is first, click on the “Forgot Password” option in the Yahoo Sign-in page. In the next page, enter your email address and click on Submit. Next, click on Next and enter the CAPTCHA code as prompted on the screen. Select the option that reads, “Use my secret questions”, and click on Next. Enter the correct answers for all the security questions and if they are correct and recognized by yahoo, you will be prompted to enter the new Yahoo Mail sign in password. Lastly, enter your new Yahoo Mail password and click on Next to complete the process of password recovery and resolve the Yahoo Mail can't sign in issue.
Yahoo Mail sign-in issues could be troublesome; however, you can follow the above-mentioned steps to recover a lost or forgotten Yahoo Mail sign in username and password. Follow them the exact way to resolve the sign-in issue and ensure continued communication via emails on Yahoo.
Created on Nov 20th 2020 22:45. Viewed 613 times.