Ways to Set Up Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser Default Search Engineby Lucia Mandela software
Recently, Microsoft released its new Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser. However, it is not only the next Edge versions many users have. Instead, it gives a twirl of customization. With this browser, one can be able to install Google Chrome themes, install Google Chrome extensions on Edge direct from the Chrome Web store, also provides Dark Mode themes and much more. Sometimes, changing the default search engine in new Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser is quite a difficult task for many users as it is new and users are not familiar with its features and functions. In this article, we are searching for another feature, i.e. how to easily set the default search engine which is set to Google Chrome or any other. Well, the process is pretty simple and less time-taken and easily understandable by anyone. The steps are discussed below.
Steps to Set Up the Default Search Engine in Microsoft Edge Browser
Below we discuss steps not only for changing the default search engine but for adding a new search engine in your browser. Here we provide a list of search engines which are as follows; Bing, Yahoo, Google, or any other you want to set as default engine. Here are two best ways to change the default search engine which are as follows:
- Change the Default Search Engine
- Added a Search Engine
Guide to Set Up Default Search Engine In Microsoft Edge
Here are some simple steps which help you in changing the search engine set as default in Microsoft Edge. But before continue process, we suggest you follow the steps correctly as mentioned below which are as follows:
- Click on the ‘Microsoft Edge’ icon to launch it on the screen.
- In the ‘Microsoft Edge’ launch a new address bar of your search engine browser.
- Under the browser window type the following command in the address bar: edge://settings/search.
- Now, change it to another preferred search engine by tapping on the drop-down list which is near to the search engine.
- Select from Bing, DuckDuckGo, Yahoo, and Google as per your choice.
Once completed, your default search engine has been successfully changed. If in case, it is not listed, here one can add their favorite one from the given list of search engine.
Steps to Add New Search Engine to Microsoft Edge
Well, here we discussed two methods of adding a new search engine to Microsoft Edge. One is visiting the search engine and searching for anything. And the next one has added it manually. Below we discuss both methods in detail:
Select and Add the New Search Engine
The steps are quite simple if you follow them in ascending order. The steps are discussed below:
- Click on the ‘Settings’ option to open it.
- Under it, click to launch a new address bar tab and type the following command in the address bar: ‘edge://settings/searchEngines.’
- Change it to other tab, and start the search engine which you wish to add.
- Now, search for anything you want to search for.
- Again, navigate to the ‘Search Settings,’ and the search engine will display in the list.
- Then, tap on the ‘Menu’ option and select to formulate it as default.
In some cases, the search engine can’t identified itself; then you need to attach it manually by following these simple steps which are as follows:
- Firstly, under the ‘Manage Search Engine’ window, Press ‘Add’ tab.
- Now, provide a name, keyword, and %s with URL instead of any query.
- Once completed, press ‘Add’ tab and choose it as your default search engine.
Lucia Mandela is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Has passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
Source: Microsoft Edge
Created on Jun 18th 2019 07:45. Viewed 288 times.