Ways to promote creativity in classroomby Vagishwariworld School Play School
Creativity is very essential in today’s time. It enhances the intellectuality of the children. Many countries thus have included creativity as one of the core aims of the education in the schools. The increase in interest and importance on creativity is a result of the growing strong belief that a fast paced global economy requires workers with a flexible mind so as t adapt to the changing needs of the economy. Such flexibility of mind can only be achieved through creativity which essentially should be imbibed in the children at a very young age. We are now living in a world where the increasing number of complex problems requires a flexible solution which can only be achieved through creativity. It is thus essential to enhance the creativity level of children in the school itself.
Here are some of the ways to promote creativity in classroom.
• Let teachers be creative- To make the children creative it is of foremost importance that the teachers should themselves be creative so that they are able to enhance the creativity level of children. The teachers need to be given the permission and the freedom to innovate the school structure.
• Integrating more hands-on learning - Hands-on learning has always been one of the most effective ways to improve the creativity skills of children in the classroom.
• Introducing unconventional learning methods - Text books though have been the conventional way of inducing creativity in children but introduction of the unconventional ways such as TED talks, innovative lesson plans, podcasts, etc can be quite helpful in enhancing the creativity level of children in classroom.
• Encourage discussion - Encouraging discussions in classroom on various topics allows the students to form their point of view and put forward the same before others without any hesitations.
• Incorporating humour into classroom - Humour is an important part of creating a positive environment that can flourish creativity in classroom.
• Motivating the students - Rewards, appreciations and recognitions are the key to motivating the students. Rewarding students with incentives for their creativity motivates them to sharpen their creativity skills.
Vagishwari World School is one of the top Play schools in Uttam Nagar West Delhi which provide top quality all round education to all the students. The aim of Vagishwari World School is to provide quality education and also to promote the creative side of children. Our focus is to provide the engaging environment to students where they can learn together to enhance their talent. Our curriculum is such where the school not only focuses on the kid’s academic growth but on the personal growth also.
Created on Aug 27th 2018 07:00. Viewed 364 times.