Ways to Beat Facebook Addiction for iOS Usersby Lucia Mandela software
A while ago, I would spend hours on Facebook. I used to think that it was the place where my buds and family would share some pictures, posts, and funny memes. However, this habit turned to addiction, and I started spending hours stalking people and endlessly scrolling pages. With the rise of other social networks, a number of people stopped using Facebook and shifted to other platforms.
Follow the given below step to prevent your Facebook addiction.
- Delete the Facebook Application
- Firstly, you should consider deleting the FB application from your smartphone.
- In future due to an emergency, if you really need to check Facebook, then you may utilise the mobile website.
- This results in a bit difficulty for starting using Facebook. But, for many of the people, this is completely sufficient for preventing the habit of using Facebook again and again. As these above given small extra efforts lead them to use Facebook only when they are in actual need to use it.
- But if still it isn't sufficient, then read the tips given below carefully.
- A Screen Time Limit
- Luckily, Apple rolled out Screen Time in iOS: This is a characteristic that notes the amount of time you spend on different apps. So you can also utilize it to bound limits on the time you spend either on social media entirely or else just for
- Working of Screen Time Limit Screen Time makes you aware when you get close to your limit which you can decide according to your suitability and once you go beyond that limit then will prevent you starting the app or visiting the website. However, you can avoid this by just hitting 'Ignore Limit'. Hence, the using of 'Screen Time Limit' even if does not prevent your addiction, still at least will let you know how much time you're spending on it.
- The Method Of Killing The Newsfeed
- This is the last step of removing News Feed completely.
- It is the most simple and easiest way to escape from such problem of staying around it.
- The 'Feedless' is a free app that utilises iOS' text blocking characteristics utilises to hide the newsfeed completely from Facebook's website.
- The best part is that you can still post not just statuses but also check notifications. And everything else which will result in preventing you from wasting your lot of time.
IMPORTANT-It is worth noting that Feedless can even block Instagram and Twitter feeds in Safari. To put it up, you just need to download Feedless from the 'App Store'. The steps are given below-
- Firstly, go to Settings.
- Then, navigate to Safari.
- After that, go to Content Blockers.
- Lastly, allow Feedless.
Note that now when you go to Facebook in Safari then you'll not able to see any posts in the News Feed. Though, if you want to prevent it then you can disable it but that implies giving in.
All of us know preventing any addiction is very difficult and that of 'Facebook' one is of no exception. So by utilising a blend of different websites, you can overcome your problem of addiction.
Harry Williams is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Created on Jan 11th 2019 11:48. Viewed 248 times.