Useful Tips on Selecting Funeral Musicby Zara Smith funeral service
Till around a decade back, there was a time when choosing funeral music only meant looking at the playlist offered by the funeral home and picking from them. The problem with this method was that there were only a limited number of options to pick from and this was the biggest problem of this step. However, things have changed drastically and now there are different tips and tricks and options offered on the Internet as far as selection is concerned. Today, we can find a several options to pick from depending upon points like the kind of ceremony, your religion, your cultural beliefs, budget and so on.
In this post, we take a look at some steps involved in choosing funeral music.
Think about the person
- The first step is thinking about the person who has just passed away.
- What you can do is use the music that he/she used to hear the most or in case of prepaid funerals, you can simply use the music chosen by the deceased in the contract.
- One thing that needs a mention here is that modern day funeral music does not have to be traditional and you can pick even the pop songs to show your respect and love to the deceased.
- This means having the liberty to pick songs that are of significance to the deceased as nothing would be more honourable.
- This way, you can totally ignore the standard list offered by your director.
Decide the tone
- While selecting, one thing that you should consider is the tone to be used for the same.
- For this, you can listen to the music or the playlist being offered to you.
- If not, you can even listen to the songs that you have selected for the event.
- Experts say that in case, you want upbeat services, those chose by you would be entirely different.
- Similarly, if your attempt is to set a reflective mood, those chosen by you would be totally different.
Consult your family member
- The next step is of course consulting your family members and getting their opinions and suggestions on what music to use at the event.
- They will definitely give you some valuable input on the kind of music to be used and sometimes, they can offer options that you would have never heard of.
Look at your own music library
- The next step is taking a look at your own personal music library if you are an avid user of music related products like MP3, music players, CD players, iPod, etc.
- According to the users, this way you’ll be able to get a deeper insight of the music that can be used during the funeral.
- The same can be done with the music library of the deceased to get more information on the type of music that the deceased used to hear.
Created on Dec 6th 2017 04:51. Viewed 153 times.