Use Nature's Healing Power For UTI Treatmentby jiva ayurveda Jivaayurveda
Urinary Tract Infections, also known as UTI is an infection that affects any or more than one part of the urinary system. Although UTI usually occurs in urethra and bladder, other parts of the urinary system like ureter or kidneys can also suffer due to this infection. Urinary Tract Infections can affect both men as well as women. However, due to shorter urethra, females are more prone to UTI.
The main cause of UTI, according to Ayurveda is the imbalanced pitta dosha. That is why ayurvedic UTI treatment focusses on pacifying the pitta dosha through natural and herbal remedies. It is suggested to take a proper UTI treatment in the best ayurvedic center in India to strengthen the urinary tract to prevent repeating incidences of UTI. But before moving towards UTI treatment, let’s first understand the main factors that can lead to the infection.
- Drinking insufficient water
- Too much alcohol
- Controlling the urge to urinate
- Over indulgence in food items that are very spicy, sour or hot
- Retaining urine in the urinary bladder for long periods of time
- Low immunity
- Kidney stones
- Sexual activities that are not healthy
- Sexually transmitted diseases
Let’s now move on to the symptoms associated with Urinary Tract Infection.
- Burning sensation while passing urine
- An urge to urinate that is persistent and strong
- Passing small quantities of urine
- Cloudy appearance of urine
- Pain in the pelvis and public bone area
- Red or cola colored urine (blood in urine)
- Mild to high fever
When it comes to UTI treatment, Ayurveda has all the answers from causes to solutions. We have already explained the imbalanced pitta dosha as the primary cause of UTI. For UTI treatment, Ayurveda prescribes a healthy living that is accompanied with a well-balanced diet, wholesome lifestyle and natural treatment to heal UTI. This natural UTI treatment includes a diet that helps in pacifying the aggravated vata dosha and removing the toxins that bring extra heat in the body. Below are few tips and practices which if followed goes a long way in UTI treatment.
- Coriander is very effective for pacifying the pitta dosha in the urinary tract. Add 3 tablespoon coriander seeds and 1 tablespoon mishri in 3 cups of water. Leave it overnight and drink 1 cup of this preparation thrice every day.
- Amla is very beneficial for UTI treatment. The patient can drink amla juice mixed with sugar twice or thrice daily to get relief from UTI. Alternatively, amla powder can be dipped smashed raisins and sugar overnight in water and can be consumed empty stomach next morning.
- 1 glass of buttermilk with cumin seeds or black pepper should be consumed at regular intervals. Ensure that the buttermilk is not sour. The sour content can be removed by diluting it with twice the quantity of water.
- Tender coconut water with coriander powder or jaggery twice or thrice daily also helps in UTI treatment.
- Carrot juice helps in maintaining the pH levels of urine thereby reducing the burning sensation caused by UTI. It also boosts immunity and strengthens the metabolism.
- Cucumber juice mixed with honey and lemon juice is also very effective in UTI treatment and management.
- It is important to increase the intake of fluids when suffering from UTI. But caffeinated, carbonated and sour drinks must be avoided.
- The patient must also stay away from sour, oily, bitter and spicy food items as they increase acidity and make the urine more acidic.
- Include yoga aasanas like pranayama, cobra pose, bride pose, bow pose in daily exercise regime. These aasanas tone the kidneys and improve the health of genito-urinary organs of the body.
A proper UTI treatment includes taking care of diet, lifestyle, herbs and yoga to strengthen the urinary tract and balance the aggravated dosha to build balance in the body. It is important to visit a qualified ayurvedic physician in the nest ayurvedic center in India to ensure a natural and holistic UTI treatment.
Created on Mar 8th 2018 01:49. Viewed 132 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.