Understanding the Process of Line Boring and Preparations Made In Advanceby Aaron Brown reconditioning engines
Machine line boring was already a very popular concept used across the world and things have become even better with the advent of mobile line boring. This version is almost on the verge of replacing the conventional process. The reason is the simplicity and also that it requires significantly lesser efforts, time and tools and still guarantees much better results than usual. In this post we will review the entire process but first, we will go through the most common requirements that need to be fulfilled in terms of tools, etc.
Resources Required For Action
• According to the experts, they need several products, tools and resources, etc.
• The first thing they concentrate upon is the agent responsible for selling machines required for this process and for bore welding.
• The next thing that they keep in mind is the maintenance of these machines that is mandatory along with the replacement of several parts after they have been used for a certain period.
• In this regards, it is important to know that different machines and accessories are available for different configurations and processes used in line boring or bore welding.
• The next very important thing is welding gas that is required for welding processes.
• Other than this, they also buy related consumables such as welding tips, welding wires, abrasive discs, etc.
• Similarly, they also keep a stock of other accessories such as flap wheels, welding helmet parts, welding machine parts and numerous other consumables from several welding suppliers.
• One more things that they keep in their checklist is contacting with engineering suppliers that supply all tools and equipments required for machining.
• This includes cemented carbide tips, carbide inserts, insert holders cutting compounds, cutting coolant, measuring equipment and many other engineering requirements.
• Lastly, they never forget to arrange safety related accessories, clothing, etc. that includes high visibility clothing, steel capped boots, hearing protection, eye protection and numerous other safety apparels.
What Is The Line Boring Process?
Here is a step by step description of the process of line boring.
• Firstly, they measure bore to be repaired and choose the appropriate bearing mounts for the job.
• Secondly, they remove all grease, rust or paint as this ensures that there is no porosity left while welding.
• In the next step, they set up bearing mounts and bar roughly to the centre of the hole/holes.
• For this, they use three jaws set up chucks, discs or cones and tack weld the bearing mounts in place.
• Next up, they adjust the bar to the correct position in the hole and for this; they first measure a datum point.
• Now they set up the machine in case, welding is not a necessity here or even after they are done with welding.
• Then, they start the process and bore the machine to the required size.
• If welding is required after this, they make sure that there is a clean cut all the way through.
• This is important as it will remove all the rust and impurities that may affect the welding process.
• Once the entire process gets completed, they remove the boring machine ready to bore weld.
Created on Feb 1st 2018 07:52. Viewed 187 times.