Understanding Scaffolding Equipment and Their Usesby Larry Chetan Business
First things first, what does the term scaffolding mean? Well, scaffolding is a temporary structure that is set outside a building under construction and is meant to provide support for workers at heights that are too high. Scaffolds can also be used when cleaning up extremely tall buildings and/or when doing repairs.
In this day and age, there are numerous types of scaffolding materials and equipment in the market. However, even with the different types of scaffolding, these many types have one thing in common; and that is your safety. And for this reason, scaffolding rental CT is one of the many scaffolding rental options that you can run to when in need of scaffolding equipment.
With that said, what are the different types of scaffolding that every construction company and/or construction worker needs to be familiar with? Please read on…
· Suspended scaffolding – If you are into window/wall painting or repair works, then this type of scaffolding is exactly what you need. The scaffolding, just like the name suggests, is suspended with the help of heavy duty ropes, pulleys and weights and with that, you will be able to go higher or lower depending on the areas you are working on.
· Single pole scaffolding – This scaffolding is made of a single row of poles and fully depends on the structure it is placed to support. This scaffolding is normally used for brick masonry, hence the name ‘brick layer scaffolding’.
· Double scaffolding –Different from single scaffolding, this type of scaffolding is normally used for stone masonry, hence the name mason’s scaffolding. Double rows of poles are used to ensure that the structure is securely supported all through the assignment.
· Cantilever scaffolding – This type of scaffolding is used to angle out from a structure. As a matter of fact, this type of scaffolding is positioned at the structure’s side. This type of scaffolding is used mostly when the upper part of a wall is under construction. And of the above types of scaffolding, this particular one is the easiest to erect.
· Aerial lifts – This type of scaffolding has the ability to be elevated to different heights and/orpositions. And because of that, this kind of scaffolding is perfect for workers as they are bound to move up and down changing their heights and positions every now and then. Therefore, while building, you should consider renting an aerial lift type of scaffolding.
· Birdcage scaffolding –With this type of scaffolding, rows of poles are equally spaced and setup in parallel lines to create a birdcage look. After this, thick wooden planks are setup above the equipment poles and secured by clamps.
Now that you know the different types of scaffolding equipment that you can find in the market and their exact uses, you can now walk into your assignments with confidence. Nonetheless, choose your scaffolding wisely depending on the kind of task you are doing. You can also get scaffolding for your home because you never know when you will need to do some repairs or at least to do a cleanup.
Created on Aug 31st 2017 06:38. Viewed 358 times.