Understanding Professional Year: Meaning, Programs, and Eligibilityby Arpita Shah Seo Executive
Are you an international student studied in Australia and struggling to get your first job opportunity? Are you looking to polish your skills or gain experience and knowledge to secure your first role in this beautiful country?
If yes, then the professional year Sydney could be right for you!
Approved by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP), the Professional Year Program is a brilliant initiative designed to prepare international graduates for the workforce. During the program, the students are taught necessary professional skills needed for career development through the formal structural learning and workplace experience.
Professional Year Program is tailored to:
- Enhance your understanding of the Australian workplace by educating on the employment market and workplace culture.
- Brush up your communication skills so that you communicate effectively in the Australian workplace with managers, clients and colleagues.
- Gain valuable work experience through an internship, allowing you to build your professional network, an advantage for future employment.
Successful completion of professional year Melbourne will provide you five points towards your permanent residency in Australia.
The program is available in Computer Science (ICT), Accounting, and Engineering profession.
- The Australian Computer Society (ACS) has developed a program for international graduates in Information and Communications Technology courses. The program provides students with the skills and training required to start their career in the industry.
- The Skilled Migration Internship Program- Accounting (SMIPA) is co-developed by a group of Australian accounting bodies, including the Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICA), CPA Australia, and the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA).
- Professional Year in Engineering was developed by the Engineering Education Australia (EEA). The program is designed to equip international engineering graduates from Australia with knowledge and training they require for a successful engineering career.
To be eligible for this program, you need to have:
- Completed at least two years of tertiary study in a related program within Australia
- Applied for or hold a subclass 485 Temporary Resident Visa for Skilled Migration or a Bridging Visa A
- Minimum of IELTS 6.0 in all bands or equivalent in PTE or TOEFL.
If you still encounter any query related to Professional Year, Visa, Migration or course selection, you should approach Filipino migration agents and education consultants. AECC Global is a renowned name in Australia and eight nations across the globe.
Our expert education consultants will offer expert advice on selecting the right Program based on your circumstances and the education provider’s course structure and cost. We have been successfully serving our clients for a very long time.
Created on Oct 5th 2017 01:39. Viewed 365 times.