Unable to Login Desktop Gold Account from Microsoft Outlook:[solution]by Anderson Lieto IT Experts
AOL Desktop is one of the most popular email service providers today. In the email world, inter connectivity is prominent. Users often have multiple accounts and use various online platforms for personal and commercial correspondence. One of the best features of AOL Desktop Gold is that it features this inter connectivity as it is compatible with most operating systems and Webmail services, including Microsoft Outlook. If necessary, AOL Desktop Gold users can access their account using Microsoft Outlook from their mobile phone or computer.
But this process is not always easy and users may sometimes have difficulty accessing their accounts from Microsoft Outlook. If you are in a similar situation, this article will give you some useful tips on how to fix AOL Desktop Gold errors. This type of login error is likely due to a discrepancy in account settings. Read to know more.
If you are trying to sign in to your AOL Desktop Gold account with Outlook, then you need to make sure that your account is correctly synchronized with Microsoft Outlook. The first thing is to make sure that you have an internet connection that works so that your AOL and Outlook accounts are synchronized without any problems. Once you establish an Internet connection, you will need to associate your AOL Desktop Gold account with Microsoft Outlook. To do this, you have to enter the server settings manually, so take your time and read the process thoroughly. To change account settings just follow the steps below:
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your device and go to "Account Settings".
- Choose the option to "Add Account". And check the option for "manual configuration or additional server types"
- Click the "IMAP or POP" button
- Use the information below and complete the fields in the newly opened window:
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming Mail Server: imap.aol.com
- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com
- When you come to the login information section, you will have to enter your AOL desktop username and password
- Click on "More Settings" and proceed to the next section and choose "Outgoing Server".
- Check the button that says "Use the same settings as my incoming mail server"
- Click the option to add advanced settings and enter the following information:
- Incoming Server (IMAP): 993 or 143
- Encrypted connection to incoming server: SSL
- Outgoing Server (SMTP): 587
- Outgoing server encrypted connection: TLS
Review the changes you have made carefully, especially the information you entered in the "Advanced" configuration field. If you are satisfied, click "Accept" and close the program. Note that you must restart Microsoft Outlook to save the necessary changes.
The above steps are the easiest way to fix AOL Desktop Gold errors in Microsoft Outlook. If you find that you cannot use AOL Desktop Gold even after following the steps in this article, you can contact the customer service number by email and request additional assistance.
Created on Feb 1st 2020 04:47. Viewed 378 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.