Troubleshooting Steps to fix the Issue of Facebook not Working on Google Chromeby Charles Lawvens Godhelpu
Facebook is a very famous social media website. Millions of people around the world connect themselves using the Facebook. It is the most prominent social media platform; it is a free social media platform for its users. If you use Facebook on the chrome browser often but someday, when you try to open the Facebook and you get to know that Facebook not working on Google chrome, then, try following troubleshooting methods to get your Facebook in working mode:
1. Check your internet connection. If you are using LAN, then, check if the connection is proper.
2. Check if the Facebook is working in any other browser, if it is working, then, close the chrome and open it again.
3. Clear the Cache memory of chrome by:
- Clicking on more at the top right corner of the chrome.
- Select more tools.
- Select Clear Browsing Data
- In the new pop -up window, click on Advanced, select the Time range, then, click on Clear Data.
- This clears the cache and cookies.
- Try to open Facebook again, if it is not getting opened, then, follow the next step.
4. Since, it has been confirmed that problem is with chrome only, then, implement the following steps to fix the issue:
- Open the account in private (incognito) mode.
- Log into the Facebook account.
- If you can access the account in private or incognito mode, it means that the problem is with either the plug -in or with the due to cache error.
- You can troubleshoot the cache error using step -3.
- You need to disable the entire plug -ins on the chrome.
- Once you have disabled the plug -in, try to log into your Facebook account once again.
- Close chrome browser for a few minutes. Open the browser again and re-launch the Facebook.
- Check whether the Chrome browser is not asking for updates, if it is, then update it immediately as the update fixes the issues.
5. If still Facebook not loading properly, then, this means Facebook is down, you need to go through the following troubleshooting methods:
- If the account is temporarily is unavailable, then, this could be due to website maintenance. This issue gets resolved in a few hours. You can log into your account after few hours.
- If the Facebook application is not loading on your Smartphone, then, it
could be due to various factors i.e. the device should be connected to the
internet and check if you are entering the correct credentials.
Try the above steps to get your Facebook in working mode.
Created on May 24th 2018 03:54. Viewed 139 times.