Total PET for Total Hygieneby Ricky Martin Marketing Consultant PET stands for polyethylene terephthalate and is most commonly used thermoplastic in the world. It is known by variety of names in different industries. Like in textile industries it is known by the trade name “polyester”, in case of bottling and packaging it is commonly known as PET or PET resin and it is known as an engineering plastic when it is combined with other materials like glass fibers or carbon nanotubes to significantly increase the material’s strength.
Some of the important characteristics of PET are mentioned below-
- High clarity
- Good chemical resistance
- Good gas and moisture barrier
- Medium rigidity
- High impact resistance
- Medium scratch resistance
- Food contact safety
- Temperature tolerance of -50 degrees F to 110 degrees F
- It is shatterproof
- It is widely available as an economical and recyclable plastics
Consumer benefits of using PET plastic containers
Plastic PET bottle manufacturers produce different kinds of containers for the use of consumers. There are certain benefits of PET plastic containers-
- PET plastic containers provides ease to storage
- It is easy to clean
- It is portable
- It has an ability to re-seal
- They come is innovative packaging designs and wide-array of applications
Consumers often demand of sustainable packaging for foods and beverages and with the growing demand of consumers, PET is becoming a sustainable packaging material of choice due to many reasons. Some of them are listed below-
- It protects beverages and prevents wastage due to its ability of being re-sealed.
- It is safe and non-toxic
- PET bottle manufacturers can cut down on the energy used in production as well as the resources needed
- It reduces carbon footprint
- It is fully recyclable
PET is a great material overall as it has a unique blend of qualities that make it extremely useful for consumer products and also in textiles.
This article speaks about the contribution of PET bottle manufacturers for the economic sustainability and it also states the importance of PET along with its uses.
Created on Apr 25th 2018 04:30. Viewed 223 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.