Top Techniques of Breast Cancer Treatment in Indiaby Cancer Consult India Cancer Consult India Treatment options for breast cancer depend upon the extent of cancer, it also combines different types of approaches, combined called a Multidisciplinary approach.
Though cancer doctor in Delhi recommends very personalized treatment some which depend on factors such as;
- The stage of cancer.
- subtype of tumor
- Age, health and menopausal status of the women.
- If there are known mutations in genes like BRCA1, BRCA2.
Surgery is done to remove the tumor along with some healthy tissues around the site. Through the Surgery, nearby auxiliary lymph nodes are assessed.
- Lumpectomy: In this tumor and some of the non-cancerous tissues are removed.
- Mastectomy: In this procedure, the entire breast is removed. Although there are other several types of mastectomy, which is done according to the condition of women.
- Reconstructive (plastic) surgery
In radiation therapy, high energy X -rays are used in the treatment. The doctors who are specialized in this treatment is called a radiation oncologist. Here are given some types of radiation therapy.
- External-beam radiation therapy: This is one of the commonest types, of radiation that is given from outside of the body.
- Intra-operative radiation therapy: When a probe is used for the, radiation treatments.
- Brachytherapy: In this radiation therapy, the radioactive substance is placed into the tumor.
Therapies by using medication
In this therapy, drugs are used to destroy the cancerous cells. During this treatment, drugs reach the whole body through the bloodstream and target the cancerous cells. Mostly, Cancer Specialist in Delhi prescribes Systemic therapies.
Here are some common ways for this therapy;
- An injection into, a muscle a pill or capsule orally.
- Chemotherapy Hormonal therapy
- Targeted therapy
Bone modifying drugs
These drugs are used in bone cancer. They provide strength to the bones and prevent their destruction. They are also used to prevent the reoccurring of bone cancer. There are certain types of drugs that are used in low doses to prevent the extent of osteoporosis.
It is the additional or primary treatment that is designed to achieve the desired outcome of the treatment. Adjuvant therapy with the use of chemotherapy after the surgery reduces the risk of cancer recurring.
Also Read: Diagnosed With Breast Cancer? Keep These Things In Mind
Created on Oct 23rd 2019 03:02. Viewed 762 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.