Top 5 Dance Reality Shows in India that Had Us Hooked to the Idiot Boxby Sandeep Kumar Freelancer Article writer
The dance reality shows in India are fodder for the audience that craves for distinct entertainment and needless to say, the bar set is quite high. Unlike past times, these shows aren’t just about spectacular dance performances anymore. The perfect recipe for a high-on-TRP dance reality show has to have one or a pair of hosts that can leave the audience in splits with their comical antics, special flow-downs of Bollywood celebrities for their movie promotions, and a couple of tears shedding to touch the audiences’ nerves.
If you reside in India and have a leading DTH connection at home, scour through Dish TV plans and tune into your favorite dance reality show for your weekly dose of entertainment and drama.
Here are the 5 best dance shows in India that had us hooked to the television week-by-week:
1. Super Dancer: Currently airing on Sony TV, Super Dancer is the most popular dance show in India that is a perfect platform for aspiring dancer kids to showcase their talent to the judges and the world. Hosted by Ritwik Dhanjani and Paritosh Tripathi, the show has Geeta Kapur, Shilpa Shetty, and film director Anurag Basu as judges. The show is a household name and is a super favorite for its enthralling performances by kids as small as 5 years old.
2. Jhalak Dikhla Jaa: The show started way back in 2006 on Colors TV and became an instant hit for its interesting concept. The celebrity participants were paired with professional choreography partners and were judged by celebrity judges that had Madhuri Dixit, Farah Khan, Karan Johar, Jacqueline Fernandes, and Remo D’souza on board for several seasons.
3. Nach Baliye: One of the most loved and popular dance reality shows in India, Nach Baliye also started in 2006 and rose to fame instantly for its list of loved B-town and tv participants. The show witnessed some real-life couples participate and were choreographed by professional dancers. Splendid dance performances, love stories of off-screen couples and hilarious digs by hosts made this show a huge hit of all times.
4. Dance India Dance: Started in 2009, Dance India Dance aired on Zee TV and had Mithun Chakraborty as the Grandmaster along with judges Geeta Kapoor, Remo D’Souza, and Terence Lewis. The show churned out some of the most amazing dancers that went on becoming a dance sensation later. Dharmesh, Punit, Raghav, Salman, Shakti, and many more rocked the world of choreography.
5. Boogie Woogie: The very first dance reality show in India ever, Boogie Woogie was one such program that had us hooked to our TV screens in childhood. Judged by brothers Javed and Naved Jaffrey alongside actor Ravi Behl. The show aired first in 1996 and got a crazy response from the audience with a huge liking for the show for being the first of its kind in India.
Created on Jun 13th 2019 05:40. Viewed 62 times.