THE REFRIGERATOR DOES NOT COOL?by Web Digital Media Group Web Digital Media Group
If the refrigerator is not cooling, check the gasket, the thermostat, the compressor, the resistor or the electronic board. In this post you will find some useful information.
Take action in safety! Before starting consult the post dedicated to Repairing home appliances in safety
CLEANING OR REPLACING THE REFRIGERATOR GASKET
The refrigerator door does not adhere properly: the energy is dispersed and the refrigerator does not cool as it should. If you find yourself in this situation, wash the seals with a sponge, to remove any food residue. It may happen that you find cuts during cleaning: in this case you have to replace the damaged gasket .
Before working on the appliance, unplug the power supply or the main switch; s and the seal is magnetic, it must be removed from the frame (it may be supported by some screws: remove them). Insert the new seal along the entire perimeter of the door; open and close the door several times to ensure that the gasket adheres perfectly.
Check that the refrigerator thermostat is working properly and adjust it if necessary. If the refrigerator compressor cools again and maintains a constant temperature, the regulation has been successful. Otherwise, it is necessary to proceed with the replacement of the thermostat .
1. Remove the protection panel (if necessary, remove the locking screws);
2. with a pair of pliers, remove the thermostat and remove the cables, taking care not to break them;
3. remove the thermostat and proceed with the installation of the new one;
4. reconnect the wiring and replace the protection panels;
5. check that the refrigerator keeps the temperature constant for at least eight hours.
Some models of refrigerators mount the thermostat directly on the coil. In this case, the replacement is more complex, since it risks damaging the coil and causing the refrigerant gas to escape. Better to contact a specialized technician.
If the refrigerator can not maintain a constant temperature, it may be necessary to replace the compressor (at the back of the appliance), whose mechanical work contributes to the cooling process.
Proceed as follows:
1. Remove the power plug;
2. Using a screwdriver, remove the screws from the access panel at the back of the refrigerator;
3. cut the suction and discharge pipes with a pair of tongs (they are made of copper) and removed the screws at the base of the compressor, take out the device (pay attention to the weight);
4. Remove the obturator of the eventual thermostatic valve and proceed to close the opening with a threaded cap;
5. mount the new compressor by soldering the connections to the refrigeration lines or by closing the ring-shaped plates (the so-called flanges).
Replacing the refrigerator compressor is a delicate and complex operation. It may be advisable to contact a specialized technician.
CONTROL OF THE REFRIGERANT RESISTANCE
The resistance of the refrigerator is directly responsible for defrosting: if it is damaged, the defrosting process does not take place correctly and excess ice is formed, which prevents the refrigerator from cooling.
In this section we will try to understand how to check the resistance status of the refrigerator (located at the back of the appliance).
Foreword: the procedure is similar to that for replacing the resistance of the electric oven, so you will need a tester.
Place one tester tip on the resistance contact and the other on the refrigerator body or on the ground. The tester must be positioned on the highest scale. If the tester marks zero, the resistance works correctly; if the tester indicates another value, it must be replaced.
CHECKING THE ELECTRONIC BOARD
Last step, check the electronic board . After disconnecting the power, remove the board to check for any burner. If the compressor or relay does not work, the electronic board signals the fault with lights. If there are no lights on and if you do not notice any burns, it is highly probable that the electronic board is faulty and needs to be replaced.
When carrying out repairs, interventions or replacements, always use the precautions necessary to work in complete safety, especially when working on electrical parts and hydraulic systems.
Created on Nov 28th 2018 16:05. Viewed 293 times.