The Never-ending Demand for Potatoesby Sagar Chauhan Digital Marketing Analyst Potatoes are the edible tubers and are popular worldwide. They are rich in nutrients and are delicious too. It is a good source of vitamins, minerals, fiber and phytochemicals that can directly or indirectly benefit human health.
Major facts about potatoes:
• Potatoes help in reducing constipation and inflammation.
• A medium-sized potato contains around 30% of the B6 intake and 164 calories.
• On a chilly day, a baked potato makes a warming and nutritious treat.
• High intake of fruits and vegetables helps in reducing the lifestyle-related health conditions.
• Even when cooked potatoes consist of important nutrients thus benefitting health in several ways.
Potatoes help in preventing osteoporosis, reduce the risk of infection and maintain heart health. Following are the major ways in which potato contribute healthful lifestyle.
• Maintains bone health: As potatoes are packed with calcium, phosphorous, iron, zinc and magnesium, it helps in building body and maintains bone structure and strength. Iron and zinc play important roles in the production as well as maturation of collagen. Phosphorous and calcium are important for bone mineralization.
• Maintains blood pressure: For maintaining a healthy blood pressure, a low sodium intake is necessary, but, at the same time increase in potassium intake is important. Potassium helps in vasodilation or widening of blood vessels. Potassium, calcium, and magnesium all are present in potato and are altogether found to contribute in decreasing the pressure naturally.
• Maintains heart health: Packed with potassium, fiber, vitamin C and vitamin B6 content, it lacks cholesterol and thereby supports heart health.
• Inflammation: Choline present in potato helps in learning, memory, mood and muscle movement. It also helps in maintaining cell membrane structures, fat absorption, early brain development and transmission of nerve impulses
• Fights against cancer: As potato contains folate, it plays a major role in DNA synthesis and repair. As a result, it prevents several types of cancers that occur due to DNA mutations. Fiber intake also causes lowering the risk of colorectal cancer.
Ahmedabad is a leading exporter of potato. The company offers premium quality potato to the clients. The fresh potatoes are cultivated at the base of the vendor with the usage of supreme class seeds without the use of any harmful chemicals.
Thus, this vegetable is known to be an integral part of everyone's diet. Packed with vitamins and several other nutrients, it is known to have innumerable health benefits.
Created on May 1st 2019 03:45. Viewed 265 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.