Technical Guidelines to Fix Norton Error "8505, 129"by Henry Stole norton antivirus customer service phone number
If you are having trouble with your Norton antivirus and facing error "8505, 129", then the better option you should go with is restarting your computer. It is one of the best resolutions that help to fix most of the common issues with your device. But, still, you encounter the same error then you must take Norton Technical Support from the experts’ helpdesk.
To go with another workaround, you need to verify your Network proxy settings and then run an advanced scan for potentially unwanted applications with Norton Power Eraser.
Check the Network proxy settings:
- To begin the process, press the Windows + R keys to launch the Run dialog box
- Now, type inetcpl.cpl and then press “Enter”, here Internet Properties window gets open on your computer device
- Click “LAN” settings on the Connections tab
- Uncheck the boxes and then choose “Automatically Detect Settings”, in case you find any entries under the Proxy server
- Here, unknown proxy server address could be an indication of a potential threat or unwanted application
- In the next step, you must try to run an Advanced scan on your computer with Norton Power Eraser
- Further, click OK and then click “Apply”.
- After this, click “OK” to complete the procedure
Configure Network Connection Settings on Windows:
- In the first step, you need to press the Windows + R keys to launch the Run dialog box
- Type ncpa.cpl in the run dialog box and then click “OK”
- After this, you need to right-click the network adapter that is currently active, and then click Properties
- Click “Yes or Continue”, in case the user Account Control Panel prompt appears
- Click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) or Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) under the connection uses the following items”
- Then you have to follow the onscreen instructions
- Type the two Norton ConnectSafe IP addresses, in the preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server boxes
- Click “Ok” on the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties window
- At last, to finish the process you need to click “Ok”
In case the above workaround does not help you to fix the problem, then it is better to connect with Norton Customer Service via toll-free +1-800-439-2178 helpline number that is available 24/7 round the clock for the customers who are looking for quick and reliable support for Norton antivirus.
View Source: https://goo.gl/rzwNFq
Created on Mar 13th 2018 12:19. Viewed 311 times.