Take Outlook Customer Service to set up email logging in outlookby Jerry Wayne Tech Manager
While using outlook in your computer system, sometimes an unexplained error doesn’t go away and even rebooting your computer also doesn’t fix the issue. At this situation, you need to enable logging in outlook and check the LOG file. All the information related to sending and receiving messages in outlook is saved within this LOG file. With the help of this special LOG file, you can either pinpoint your problem with the Outlook Customer Service team or follow the below steps to eliminate what causing the trouble. But first, you need to enable the transaction LOG within Outlook.
Look at the steps to enable the Transaction Log in Outlook:
· Launch outlook and under the file menu click on the options.
· Under the outlook options dialog box, you need to click on the advanced tab.
· Inside the Other section, simply choose the enable troubleshooting logging check box and the click OK.
· Once all the steps are followed completely, then close and restart outlook.
When outlook again reloads completely, then you will see a notification that explains that logging is enabled and may cause performance issues.
Learn to Troubleshoot Outlook Issues:
Once the logging is enabled, you need to reproduce the issue in order to inspect the log. After you have encountered the same error, then you need to disable logging, restart the outlook program and then find the outlook LOG file.
Simple way to locate the LOG file:
- · Firstly, open RUN dialog box, by pressing Windows and R keys simultaneously.
- · Now, inside the Run dialog box, simply enter %temp” and then press enter.
- · In the opened Temp Folder, look for your LOG file. The file name is usually depends on the issue and the type of email account.
· POP and SMTP: If your outlook account is connected to a POP server or if you face trouble while sending email then you have to open the OPMLog.log file.
· IMAP: For IMAP account, you need to open outlook logging folder and then open the folder that is named after your IMAP account.
· Hotmail: If a Hotmail email account signed on through outlook, you need to open the outlook logging folder, select hotmail and then look for http0.log, http1.log or another file in the sequence.
- ·After finding the LOG file in the temp folder, simply tap to open it.
Hopefully, the mentioned steps are ideal to set up email logging in outlook. If you are still facing any error, then you have to make a call at Outlook Support Phone Number and resolve entire issues related to outlook.
People also like to ask about the frequently asked queries (FAQs) of Outlook like “Is there a phone number for Outlook support?” So for those who like to ask queries of Outlook, they can visit now ask their Outlook solutions easily.
Reference URL:Thanks for being here.
Created on Nov 7th 2019 16:48. Viewed 123 times.