Step By Step Process Of Installing A Bug Screen Melbourneby Jerry Smith Marketing Manager No matter whether you plan to install bifold screen Melbourne or a bug screen Melbourne, one thing that you can stay assured about is that the installation is a matter of DIY. Just with a few tools and equipments and knowledge, these things that protect us from unwanted insects and bugs can be installed through DIY. In this post, we will review the entire installation process of these window solutions and also the things that will be required for the procedure.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Tape measure
- Aluminium fly screen frame
- Corner connectors, four per screen (plus screws to fasten these)
- Fibreglass screen mesh
- A toggle clip to hold screen in frame
- Plastic fitted fly screens
- Utility knife
- Cordless drill
- In the first step, you will take a measuring tape and carefully measure as well as note down the space to be covered as well as the space between the edges and the rebates.
- Once measured, make sure that you leave a couple of millimetres clearance all-around the frame to determine your screen size.
- In case, you plan to fit your door screen in an aluminium track, remember that vertical measurement starts from the upper inside surface.
- Then, you will have to subtract further 3mm from the total measurement for tolerance and once done, the remaining value will be the screen size that you will need for fitting.
- This fitting can be done easily by lifting bifold screen Melbourne into the top track and pushing it past the edge of the lower track.
- However, make sure that the last mentioned in the above pointer is taken before dropping it into its place.
- Step 2
- Once you make sure that all the windows have been measured, the next step would involve making a quick diagram of each of the screens to be used.
- You can get them all from a nearby hardware store along with all the supplies.
- You will have to set up a sturdy and a flat work surface and then, measure mark and then cut the bug screen Melbourne according to the measurement done.
- For this, you will require just a couple of things called a hacksaw and a miter box.
- In the next step, your task would be assembling of the screen frame and for this; you will require the corner joiners.
- The next thing you will need is a piece of wood or a mallet to tap the corners into the position.
- When assembled, you can test on the windows to make sure that the size is accurate.
- In case, there are some flaws, you can easily and gently push on the corner of your frame and this way, you’ll adjust it in a better manner.
- Now you will have to place the frame on the flat surface and here, you will have to keep the channel side up.
- The best way is to keep the entire product on the floor as this will ensure that the frame is supported from all sides.
Created on Jul 17th 2018 01:51. Viewed 137 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.