Step By Step Guide to Fix U052 error of canon printer
by Brother Printer Support Brother printer Support Number
A lot of Canon printer’s users come across with the error message, “U052 This type of print head is incorrect.” It is a very common error on Canon printers and is fairly easy to troubleshoot.
There are two different scenarios related to U052 kind of error message.One is where the print head is not installed at all and then it is giving the ‘U052 This type of print head is incorrect’ error message.
And, the second scenario is where the print head is installed nut it is not functioning properly or probably not working at all. The below section will show step by step canon printer troubleshooting of both the scenarios.
Getting Error U052 with Print head installed
1. Open the top lid of the printer in order to access the printer’s cartridges and the print head. When you open the top lid, the cartridges slot will automatically lift up to the middle front of the printer.
2. Unplug the printer from the switch board. Make sure that the cartridge lever located just on the side of the cartridge cradle is lifted up. In this position of the lever, the cartridge slot will not auto move.
3. Remove all the ink cartridges from the cartridges slot.
4. Removal of cartridges will expose the black print head. Now just gently remove the print head from the printer. The technique to remove the print head is to grab it just where the cartridges are to be inserted, pull it gently and the print head will come out.
5. Then perform the basic cleaning cycle on the print head.
6. Reinsert the print head and the ink cartridges into the printer and make sure that there are no open doors and the lever is back in place.
7. Close the top lid of the printer.
8. Switch ON the printer.
9. Take out a test print in order to check if the canon printer Error U052 is resolved.
Getting U052 Without Any Printhead Installed
1. Switch off the printer.
2. Open the top lid of the printer. If there are no cartridges or print head in the printer, then the positioning of the cartridge slots would naturally be in the middle front of the printer with the lever lifted up.
3. Install the print head in to the sliding rail just beside the cartridges slot.
4. Install the cartridges into the cartridge slots. Close the lever and make sure that there is no open door and the cartridges and the print heads are properly installed.
5. Close the top lid of the printer.
6. Switch ON the printer.
7. Take out a test print in order to check if the Error U052 is resolved.
8. In order to resolve the Canon Printer error ‘U052 This type of print head is incorrect’, the troubleshooting approach given above would work in case of either of the scenarios. If the problem persists, then contact Canon printer customer service or a printer technician.
Created on Apr 19th 2021 23:22. Viewed 280 times.