School Safety Techniques For A Safer Campusby Ebenezer School ebenezer international residential school
School safety is a complicated issue. Safe schools improve the safety of pupils from violence, exposure to weapons and threats, bullying, and the sale or use of illegal items on school grounds. And school safety is connected to improved student and school outcomes. In particular, emotional and physical safety in school is related to academic performance. School safety affects children, teachers, administrators, and parents in a variety of ways, from the quality of learning to the risk of claims. But it is also everyone’s responsibility, and schools should remind stakeholders of their respective roles in improving school safety and security. International school in Kerala provides student safety and security solution that includes everything from school infrastructure assessments, CCTV cameras at multiple locations and access control at all entry and exit points, transport management, and safety training to staff and others.
Below is a list of ideas that schools can implement to improve their safety and security measures:
1. Limit entryways to school buildings. Clearly, check the main entrance to the school and post signs on other entries redirecting visitors to the main entry. Lock outside access doors. Check regularly to make sure the doors haven’t been propped open. The periodic inspections should include windows too.
2. Promote school-community organizations to improve safety measures for students beyond school property.
3.Monitor school visitors. Require that visitors report to the main office, sign in, and use visitor badges. All staff should be trained to inform strangers not wearing a visitor badge to the school office.
4. Build a safe, supportive school climate that gives school-wide behavioral expectations, caring school climate programs, positive interventions and supports, psychological and counseling services, and violence prevention programs.
5. Encourage students to take responsibility for their part in keeping safe school environments. Reward students who take the lead to help keep schools safe.
6. Give students access to anonymous reporting systems. Young people sometimes have a hard time speaking up if they see or hear something that may compromise school security.
Created on Nov 28th 2019 01:18. Viewed 149 times.