Sage 50 Error 1402 Could not Open Key Resolvedby Justin Tyler Marketing Manager
Learn how to fix Sage 50 error 1402. When installing or uninstalling sage accounting software, you may receive error: "Sage Error 1402. Could not open key"
This sage error might reference a universally one of a kind identifier (or GUID, for example, 1B1D70235E082D119\F2A2CA0D6592A4F49BE5403A9E
Resolution for Sage 50 error 1402
1. Make a note of the ongoing Windows profile you are signed in as.
2. Click the Windows Start menu, Run (or Start, Search Programs and documents in more current working frameworks) and afterward type: regedit
3. Press the Enter key.
4. Explore to the accompanying guardian compartment: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components. The 'S-1-5-18' key might be different on your PC
5. Look at the kid objects under the "Parts" key to find this relating first of two GUIDs from the error message you got.
a. Note: Most frequently this will have a "+" close to the envelope since it'll have at least one kid objects in it, one of which will be the second GUID from the sage 50 error 1402 error message. You can likewise utilize the "Find" (Ctrl + F) work inside the Registry Editor however that could possibly be a more slow activity to perform.
6. Right snap on the parent holder library key, which for this situation is the GUID in the error message. Select Permissions.
7. In the following window, click the Add button. Another window named Select Users or Groups ought to show up.
8. In the Enter the article names to choose field, enter the ongoing Windows profile username. Make a note of the From this area field since this worth might need to be changed to the space, contingent upon your organization arrangement. Check with your IT individual assuming you are uncertain. Click the Locations button to switch among area and neighborhood PC.
a. Note: instead of the ongoing Windows profile username in sync 8, you may likewise decide to type in "Head" or "Overseers". The ongoing Windows profile should have a place with the Administrators bunch for everything to fall into place.
9. Mark Full Control for the any client included stage 8.
10. Click the Advanced button. The Advanced Security Settings window ought to show up.
11. On the Permissions tab, mark the container named "Supplant all kid object authorizations with inheritable consents from this article"
12. Click Apply. Click OK to any prompts about supplanting consents on all youngster objects.
13. Click the OK button two times. This ought to return you to the fundamental Registry Editor window.
14. Close out of the Registry Editor window.
15. Rerun the uninstall or install process once more.
16. Rehash stages 2-15 for every one of the sage 50 error 1402 error messages with various GUIDs.
Created on Jun 2nd 2022 06:47. Viewed 155 times.