Reasons to Invest in Quality Data Centersby Priya Saxena SEO
Data centers essentially refer to facilities which are made up of many computers and storage devices which businesses can use for organizing the data, processing data, storing it and disseminating it. So, a data center is not s single entity; rather, it is a conglomeration of multiple components. Data centers will act as the key repositories for all types of IT equipments whether servers or storage systems, routers and switches, firewalls and cables, physical racks and cabinets etc. Every data center therefore must have a robust infrastructure with proper cooling or ventilation systems, fire suppression systems, uninterrupted power supply, network connectivity etc. The decision to place your servers in a data center facility is a wise and cost-effective decision but for that, you must evaluate the benefits and risks of the move. Most businesses find data centers to be very useful; they prefer outsourcing their servers to maintaining a private data center which turns out to be very costly.
What are the benefits that data centers offer?
1. Among the key benefits which data centers will provide, the most important is of course cost savings. Many companies realize that choosing colocation helps them to cut down on capital and operational expenses. Instead of hiring and maintaining a full-fledged IT staff which can monitor your servers, you can simply outsource this task to your colocation provider in exchange for a nominal fee. Besides, data centers will also help you save on power costs, cooling and HVAC costs and backup generators.
2. With data centers you are not likely to face frequent power disruptions because of inadequate power supply. This is a common problem when you are trying to upgrade to high-power applications. High end applications typically demand more power and arranging for this in a private data center is not only hard, but also costly. Colocation facilities will offer power supplies at far lower rates and chances of outages happening are also far less. You can check the terms and conditions stated in their Service Level Agreements to be sure of the uptime guarantees.
3. Every business relies on 100% reliability of network connections and this is hard to ensure when you run a private datacenter. This is why outsourcing your servers to a third party data center facility makes more sense. You can benefit from their multiple network connectivity options. You even have the freedom to choose telecom provider of your choice because most colocation providers offers carrier neutrality.
4. When you find quality data centers for your business, you can also be rest assured that you will get enough bandwidth to meet your needs. With complex applications like cloud computing or Big Data making its presence felt these days, it has become more important to search for good data centers. These will offer you competitive prices for bandwidth as you can reap the benefits of volume pricing.
5. Data centers will also provide round-the-clock technical supports to your business for making sure that the equipments and servers functions without any glitches and interruptions. Since you can enjoy 24x7 accesses to high level experts, you can have total peace of mind knowing that professionals will be troubleshooting any kind of technical problem at the soonest.
6. Finally, data centers are a must have for businesses dealing with sensitive data. Data breaches are common and the penalties are huge. Breaches, no matter how small they are, can lead to severe revenue losses and can damage your business reputation. This is why choosing colocation sites are wise because these facilities are well secure against unauthorized accesses, natural calamities and fires. They have multiple security layers to guard against breaches and hacks.
In short, choosing data centers will give you extra peace of mind whenever there are disasters or power outages or any other unprecedented events which can harm your business.
Related Topics -
Created on Mar 28th 2018 06:34. Viewed 576 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.