Read The Best Practices To Communicate With Medical Interpretation Servicesby Katherine Jackson Interpreter
In the health care system, interpreters also play a very important role. They reduce liability and ensure appropriate utilization. They also work to increase client adherence and provide the best satisfaction services. Trained medical interpreters assure effective communication to improve outcomes. The trained bilingual staff, contract interpreters, on-staff interpreters, telephone interpreters can serve as health care interpreters.
Working With an Interpreter
It is important to determine the interpreter’s level of English proficiency. They must have professional training to interpret everything. A detailed script is needed when working with a remote interpreter through phone or video. You can get in touch with Quick Medical Interpretation Services to get the best and accurate interpreted services.
• You need to acknowledge the interpreter and respect his or her role.
• In any medical interview, it is preferred to speak directly to the patient instead of the interpreter first.
• Speak things in short segments and take a pause so the interpreter can interpret.
• Interpreter is not responsible for what the patient says. The interpreter is just a medium, not the source. If you feel you are not getting the response that you were expecting, then you can consult with the interpreter and understand if there is a cultural barrier. Cultural barriers often interfere in communication.
• You need to give some time to the interpreter to restructure information. This will help them to present in an appropriate manner.
• You need to avoid using complicated sentence structure and fragments. Avoid asking multiple questions at one time.
• Also, avoid making assumptions especially if there is a cultural barrier.
• You can encourage the interpreter to ask questions especially if there is a cultural misunderstanding. An interpreter will rephrase the question and help you to get the information in a more appropriate way.
You need to allow some time for a pre-session with the interpreter. A professional interpreter will facilitate communication and this will be beneficial for the healthcare provider and patient. For this, it is important to Hire a Dedicated Medical Interpretation Company that can provide professional interpreters.
With the pre-session with an interpreter, you may discuss the type of interpreting that will be done in consecutive or simultaneous mode. Getting the help of an interpreter provides an opportunity to understand any concerns to the patient’s presenting problem. Medical interpreting has the pressure as what if someone’s health is at immediate risk.
Created on Jun 10th 2021 08:20. Viewed 139 times.