QuickBooks Network Diagnostic Tool: Learning Guideby Linda Martin Professional Consultant
QuickBooks Network Diagnostic Tool helps you to resolve network issues and corrupted company file errors in QB Desktop. The tool diagnoses various multi-user mode errors like H-series or 6000-series errors that appear while opening a company file. Further, it to fix connection issues between QuickBooks, the Database Manager, and QuickBooks Company files.
In this blog, we will discuss different issues resolved by “QuickBooks Network Diagnostic Tool”, how to install and use it. So, let’s get started!
Issues fixed by QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- Restricted access to QuickBooks Database.
- Incorrect configuration of the Windows firewall.
- The vendor list isn’t working properly in your QuickBooks.
- The customer lists are empty.
- Multiple entries are missing from the ‘Employees list’.
- Damaged or corrupted files present on your computer.
- QuickBooks files are missing or attacked by a virus.
Steps to install QuickBooks Network Diagnostic Tool
- First of all, you have to make sure that you don’t have any previously installed version of QuickBooks Network Diagnostic Tool.
- Next, download it from the site and double-click on the icon once the process is complete.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions to install the tool properly.
- If you have Windows 10.0, you need to ensure that the framework is configured properly.
- The application will open on its own after complete installation.
How can you Use QuickBooks Connection Network Tool?
You have to double- click on QB Network Diagnostic tool icon and follow the instructions given below:
Diagnose connection tab- This tab helps you examine whether the company file can be opened in single or multi-user setup. If there are not enough permissions or firewalls are blocked, then the error may occur.
Firewall Status- It displays the basic directions related to the Firewall.
Test Connectivity- It allows you to review and scan your computer’s connectivity. You can do it by following the steps listed below:
- First of all, click on the on next to Company File section to find your company file.
- Before accessing the connectivity test you have to make sure that all statuses appear as “Not Applicable” in Blue.
- After you are done with running the test, all the statuses will be displayed in green (no threats found) or Red (Problem detected).
- After that, you to click on Test Connectivity.
- The Advanced section will show all the checked places if the file open status displays as Red saying that the test has failed.
- Now, you can click on What do these mean?
- Once you have fixed the statuses, run the tool to see if there are any issues.
QuickBooks Network Diagnostic Tool determines and fixes these components:
- Net Framework
Method 1: QB Network Diagnostic Tool troubleshoots Microsoft.NET, MSXML, and C++ issues.
Method 2: Resolve Microsoft components problems manually.
Method 3: Install QuickBooks in Selective Start-up.
We have discussed all the aspects of QuickBooks Network Diagnostic Tool in this blog. If you have any queries or want to know more about the tool, then call us at our QuickBooks Customer Care Number. Our team of experts is available 24/7 to guide you and provide the best solutions.
Created on May 21st 2019 06:23. Viewed 1,264 times.