QuickBooks File Doctor: Repair network issues and damaged filesby John Luther Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor
QuickBooks File Doctor is the program that helps the user to troubleshoot any type of QuickBooks error. These errors may have been hindering the processes and the functionality of the software or even be a hurdle in the access of QuickBooks, like issues with the files, data corruption or problems with the Windows. The QuickBooks company file diagnostic tool and the QuickBooks network connectivity diagnostic tool, together combine as the QuickBooks file doctor.
Why do you need the QuickBooks File Doctor?
With QuickBooks’s digitized accounting, the perfection comes at the cost of the
“QuickBooks Errors”, which is why you need the QuickBooks File
Doctor. It helps you in the following ways.
- It resolves all the company file errors and connection issues.
- In case of data damage and corruption, it troubleshoots the root cause of the issue.
- It supports in resolving all the 6000-series errors.
- The QuickBooks File Doctor, also helps in fixing the bugs that are related to the installation.
How to install the QuickBooks File Doctor?
You can install the QuickBooks File Doctor by following the steps below:
- The installation package can be located in the OEM.
- Click on the setup file and follow the directions.
- Issue a login ID and a password.
- Choose from being a Host PC or a Workstation PC.
- Select the file that is requiring diagnosis.
- Make sure that you do not have any previous version of the QuickBooks File Doctor Download, before you attempt to start the download.
How to use the QuickBooks file doctor tool:
In case you are attempting to troubleshoot the various QuickBooks Errors, you
need to follow the steps below:
Step 1: In case you have downloaded the QB file doctor, you will now have to open the “qbfd.exe file” and follow the instructions for the installation of the tool. It is important to have a
.Net framework at this stage.
Step 2: In majority cases, the QuickBooks File Doctor, will open on its own, in case it does not, you need to go to the “Start” menu and open the tool and click on the icon.
Step 3: The company file that needs troubleshooting and diagnosis, needs to be chosen from the
drop-down list. The file can also be chosen manually using the “Browse” option.
Step 4: Now, you are required to choose the action you want to occur on your file. You can select from “Check File Damage Only” or in case there is 6xxx error, you can choose the “Check both the damage and the network connectivity. In case you are using a multi-user mode, then you can go for the “Check network connectivity only.”
Step 5: Once, the diagnosis is complete, the QB file doctor will repair your file and prompt you to open the repaired file directly.
We hope that with the help of this article you have understood the importance of the QuickBooks file doctor, and how it is going to help you use your QuickBooks better. You can use this means to initiate the troubleshooting process and resolve the issues at hand. In case you are still facing troubles with the QuickBooks File doctor, or anything else related to the QuickBooks functioning, issues, errors and efficiency, you can contact our QuickBooks Error Tech Support on 1-888-502-0363 and get ahead today!
Created on Jul 15th 2019 05:20. Viewed 201 times.