QuickBooks Error -6189, 816 when opening up a company fileby Steve M. QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor
In this post we have discussed about the QuickBooks most common error code -6189, 816. This error message generally occurs when a user aim to open the company file, the following message occurs on your desktop screen:
"An error happens when QuickBooks tried to access the company file (-6189, -816)"
How to Fix QuickBooks Error -6189, 816
Below we have shared few quick troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks Error Code -6189, 816. Please read carefully these steps and apply carefully to permanently resolve this error.
Solution Number 1:
· First of all Restart your computer and your server
· Then Restart each computer that has access to your company file.
· If your data is on a web server, restart the web server
· Now open the company file.
· Check your error is resolved or not. If you still see the error, continue to solution 2.
Solution Number 2:
· Firstly Install the QuickBooks Database Manager on your web server.
· Install the Database Manager If you don't see the QuickBooks DB (database) user,
· You need to see: Install Update and also Set-up the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
· Finally restart your server when the installation is finished.
· Your error 6189 will no longer after applying these troubleshooting steps.
Hopefully, these steps will certainly assist you to fix QuickBooks Error Code -6189, -816. If the same error persists after that don’t fret as well as dial immediately QuickBooks Error Support Number 1800-880-6389 for instant aid. The support team is very polite and also extremely experienced also fix your QuickBooks Error quickly.
Created on Jun 27th 2018 11:30. Viewed 499 times.