Questions to Ask Before Going Solarby Evergreen P. Evergreen Power UK, No.1 spray foam insulation
Installing solar panels for your home involves enormous investments. Right from picking the right product to hire the best contractor is tricky. By using correct information, you can save a lot of energy and money during installation.
This post will let you solve all the probable queries about how to install solar panels for your home.
- Which system to choose for saving money?
The first question you should ask a solar installer that which one is the best solar panel for your home? For saving money and energy, the representative needs to collect information before moving ahead with the installation. The solar installer should note down data about energy usage patterns, orientation, angling of the roof, amount of energy export to the grid, etc.
2. Do you have a proper license, and how much industry experience do you have?
Another crucial point you need to check is whether they have a proper license to install a solar panel. The contractor you hire should cover insurance. Please do excellent research about the company’s experience and reputation. Besides this, ask who will work in your home, is it the contractor or the sub-contractor? If a sub-contractor is working, then you have to put extra effort into finding a license and their relevant work experience.
3. What about the payments, will it remain the same or will go up?
The sad part is that every industry has few bad players, including solar power. Several less reputable companies will attract lucrative schemes to get a contract. The “bait and switch” approach lets you pay an appealing upfront cost, which escalates within few years. The company which has a vast industry experience and reputation will keep you informed about the payment options. The difference is that it will help in knowing the upfront cost during installation.
4. What is the life expectancy of a solar panel?
The question about how long will the solar panels last crosses every homeowner’s mind at some point in time. Generally speaking, the life of a solar panel lasts approximately 25-30 years.
5. How much does Solar Panel Installation CostThe question regarding how much do solar panels cost in the UK might confuse you as there are several players in the industry. The Spray foam insulation may vary depending upon the location and demographic factors for installation. In the UK, a single solar panel may cost you around £2000 - £6000. A three-member family needs a 3kW solar PV system, consisting of around 10 x 300w panels.
Created on Sep 28th 2020 04:39. Viewed 444 times.