Proven method to fix Brother Printer In Error Stateby Broris H. Technical Web Content Writer
Brother printers are well known for their high-class features and affordable cost. With the advanced features, the brother printer users are facing some technical glitches.Brother Printer is in Error State is one of the common problems faced by both printer users.Paper jam, low ink, slow internet connectivity, outdated printer driver software, and corrupted printer registry are the reasons behind printer in error state problem. If you are facing the same issue then, stay tuned with this article. In this article, we explore the basic troubleshooting steps to fix Brother Printer in an error state.
How to fix brother printer is an error state:
- Reset Printer Settings to Default:
Users can reset the printer settings by following the steps given here.
- Launch Run dialog box by pressing Windows+ R keys from the keyboard.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the text box and press the Ok button.
- In the Device Manager Window, go to the view tab from the Menu bar.
- Select the 'show hidden devices' option from the drop-down menu.
- Expand and Right-click on Ports (COM & LPT) section.
- Click on the Properties button.
- In the properties window, go to the port settings tab.
- Look for Use any interrupt assigned to the port option and select the check
box near to Enable legacy Plug and Play detection.
- Click on the apply and OK buttons respectively to save the settings.
- Restart computer system and check for Brother
Printer In Error State problem.
- Check if Brother Printer is Online or not:
Offline printer status might leads to the brother printer in errors state issue. Users can check the printer status and manually set printer online by using the steps given here.
- Click on start and open Control Panel.
- Go to the Devices and Printer.
- Select your brother printer from the list of devices.
- Check the printer status on the screen.
- If it is offline then, right-click on brother printer icon and click on use printer online option from the context menu.
- Restart Printer Spooler service:
Restarting printer spooler services is the key solution while troubleshooting brother printer. Here are the steps to restart Printer spooler services.
- Open Windows Run dialog box by pressing Windows +R keys.
- Type services.msc in the text box and press enter button.
- Look for the Print Spooler Service in the services window.
- Click on the Print Spooler Service and tap on the Start button.
- Right-click on Print Spooler Service and go with the properties option from the context menu.
- Go to the general tap in the properties window and set the startup type as automatic.
- Click on apply button to save the settings.
- Check for Windows and Printer drivers Update:
For error free printing experience one should regularly update printer drivers and Windows Operating system. Users can refer following steps to update Printer drivers.
- Click on the Start and open Control Panel.
- Go to Hardware and Sound-> Device Manager.
- Expand the Printers category in the Device Manager.
- Right click on brother printer drivers and select Update Driver option.
- It will ask users to search for a drivers automatically or manually.
- Select automatically search for printer drivers.
- Users need to have an active internet connection to download drivers.
- Restart the systems after installing the drivers.
In this way, users can update printer drivers. Users can check for Windows Update by using the steps given here.
- Go to Start and launch the Settings application.
- Select Update and Security option.
- Click on the Windows update and Press the button of named Check for Updates.
- If any updates available then, click on the Install now button.
- Restart the computer and check for Brother Printer is in Error State issue.
The simple and reliable solutions to resolve Brother Printer in an error state are given here. Users can also contact technical expert to fix all technical glitches of brother printer. Our technical experts are always available in the service of customers.
Created on Aug 26th 2021 02:29. Viewed 729 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.