Professional Year Program: Definition, Benefits and Eligibilityby Arpita Shah Seo Executive
If you’re an international student completing a degree either in accounting, engineering or IT, you can join Professional Year Program (PYP) to launch yourself into the Australian workplace. PYP is a structured professional development program that combines formal learning and workplace experience. The 44-week program is available in the fields of Engineering, Information Technology (IT) and Accounting- the industries where the demand for qualified graduates is high.
The primary objective of the program is to address the issue of the shortage of skilled professionals in Australia. Secondly, overseas students eyeing permanent residency in Australia can join the program as the completion of PYP fetches five migration points them. The program also allows them to develop industry-specific skills and prepare for a professional career in Australia. The DIBP recognises PYPs that have been approved by the government.
Why should you opt for PYP?
Completing the program will offer various benefits:
- You’ll be able to gain valuable experience in an Australian organisation through a 12-week long internship.
- You can improve your understanding of the Australian workplace culture, language and practices.
- You will be eligible for getting five migration points
- You can develop your communication skills
As we have already mentioned, you must have an Australian degree either in accounting, engineering or IT to join the Professional Year. You must have a Temporary Graduate visa with a validity of at least one year. You must be under 50 years of age to get this visa. You must produce a proof of your English language proficiency.
The Australian Government recognises the following PYPs:
- Engineers Australia Professional Year
- CPA Australia Skilled Migration Internship Program: Accounting
- Institute of Public Accountants Skilled Migration Internship Program: Accounting
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand Skilled Migration Internship Program: Accounting
Leading PY Providers are:
- Navitas Professional
- Stanley College
- Performance Education
- Education Centre of Australia
- Monash Professional Pathways
For more information about PYP, you can contact an expert Nepalese education consultant at AECC Global, a globally renowned migration and education consultancy in Melbourne, Australia.
If you need help with Visa or PR pathways in Australia, education enquiries, you can contact us today.
Created on Dec 29th 2017 00:49. Viewed 401 times.