Plastic Tanks for Potable Waterby Rohan Sinha Author Plastics have always been in the discussion for the harmful effects on food and drinking products. It is the cheap resource of packaging and has been widely used all across the globe for the packaging of different food and drinking products. We have been storing water in plastic tanks for decades or may be earlier than that but with increasing number of diseases and with harmful impacts on health, it was found that the root of this cause could be the packaging of food and water.
The gradual increase in awareness and research over plastic products made us to reach the conclusion that plastics can be harmful to health and we need to look for improvements and alternatives in storage and packaging.
Water Storage in Plastic
We are using plastic water tanks for decades and it is found that there are different types of plastics and each of them has different impact on our health when used for storage of water and edibles. Let us find out some risky plastics that should not be used by plastic water storage tank suppliers for water storage tanks.
- PVC- Polyvinyl Chloride
It has carcinogens that contain toxic substances, which directly affects the human health when the stored water or food in such plastic is consumed.
- PS – polystyrene
It contains toxic substances like styrene and benzene which when is mixed with hot water and food produces toxins that get absorbed in human tissues and blood streams.
How water does not remain potable in risky plastics?
When water is stored in risky or bad plastics as mentioned above, it leads to harmful effect on our health.
- High Temperature: When the risky plastics get heated due to high temperature, it leads to chemical reaction between water and the plastic, that further mixes the water with certain chemicals released from the plastic that are fatal to humans.
- Washed Tanks: When plastic water tanks are washed with detergent, it leads to chemical reaction, and then the water stored does not remain potable.
- Long Use: When such tanks are persistently used for long duration, the plastic starts showing reactions that are not good for health.
Switch to Safe Plastics for Potable Water Storage
The reliable plastic water storage tank suppliers always use these safe plastics and ensure the water remains potable and healthy to the users. Some safe plastics that should be used are:
- PTE- Polyethylene Terephthalate
- High Density Polypropylene (HDP)
Created on Sep 12th 2017 00:29. Viewed 1,233 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.