Nabil Patel DB Realty - Ways to Determine the Construction Quality of a Projectby Ankita Sehgal Freelance Blogger, Lives in New Delhi
Given that builders nowadays are involved in so many projects at once, the quality of the material being used and construction quality is always a matter of question. The doubt stems from a deep- rooted fear of being delivered an apartment which doesn’t match up to the required quality standards. After all, the quality of the construction affects the safety of all family members inhabiting the space.
As per Nabil Patel of DB Realty, to ensure that the materials being used and proposed design of the apartment is safe to live in, there are some factors buyers should check. We have compiled a checklist of such factors for first time home buyers.
• Soil: The quality of the soil on which the structure is being built is an important factor in determining the stability of the building. The composition of the soil is an indicator of the quality of the soil. Before construction, all builders carry out a soil test, the copies of which can be requested by the buyers and studied thoroughly.
• Structural Design: As an amateur, first time home buyers, or buyers in general aren’t well qualified to give an analysis of the structural layout of the building. In such a case, the copy of the layout of the plan can be procured from the builders and can be shown to an independent consultant for an unbiased analysis.
• Concrete Quality: The quality of the concrete mixture being used is an important factor in deciding the integrity of the building’s structure. A test is conducted to test the consistency of the concrete mixture being used. A copy of the same can be obtained and given for inspection to independent consultants.
• Plastering: The quality of the plastering on the outer walls must be checked thoroughly. Keep an eye out for cracks in the coat of plaster applied. They are a sign of a weak foundation. Check the plastered walls on the inside as well. If the walls have cracks on them, it is a sign of bad concrete quality. The material being used should be of the utmost quality and foundation should be robust.
• Independent Expert Opinion: We have emphasized on this point a lot already, and we will say it again. Having an independent expert’s opinion on various aspects of the building will help you in getting an unbiased view of the whole project.
Safety and security is paramount when it comes to buying a new home for yourself. One cannot be too careful in checking all aspects of a building project. While all builders promise you the best and most of them are successful in doing so as well, but there have been a significant number of cases in which the quality of the construction hasn’t been up to the mark. The safety of loved ones cannot be put at stake at any cost. According to Mr. Nabil Patel Wikipedia pages of the builders should be checked to look into history for any faulty constructions by the builders. Proper research and measures should be taken to ensure the quality of your new home is not compromised in any way.
Created on Jun 24th 2019 00:25. Viewed 479 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.