Move More Everyday for a Healthy Lifeby Thera Now Physical therapy home exercise software
Sedentary lifestyle has become a way of our life these days. We spend hours sitting and working on our computers, not really realizing the harm we are causing to our health. A study found that there is a direct connection between sedentary lifestyle and the risk for early death. A regular 30 minutes to 1-hour workout is a must to keep you fit, and for keeping your health-risk aside. If it is asking for too much of your time, you still need to do some behavioral changes in your life to compensate for it.
- Drink a lot of water. If you drink more water you will take more bathroom breaks. This will force you to get up and stretch your legs. It is helpful in draining out toxins from your body and keep your skin radiant.
- Walk while you are taking a call. At work if you need to talk to a colleague you can go for a walking meeting. This is not only helpful for you but is also good for your colleague.
- Standing desk at work can be a good option. But overdoing that can be a problem as prolonged standing has its own health hazards.
- Cleaning up your workplace every now and then can give you an excuse to stand up.
- Park your car or bike far from your workplace. Walk down to your workplace. This will give you an opportunity to walk. If you are taking the public transport, get down 1-2 stations earlier so you can walk up to your workplace. If you are parking at the office basement then walk up the stairs rather than taking the elevator.
- Do not become a couch potato while watching TV. Rather, utilize that time to do some exercises while watching TV.
- Pets can pe a pretty good force to go out for your evening walks. As per a study, pet owners live healthier lives with much lower risk of cardiovascular disease and hence lower mortality rates.
- Ride a bike to work. It is a great cardio workout.
- You can plan a get-together walk. You can walk and talk with friends. Planning an exercise session together can be a great option too.
- Fitbit or fitness trackers can help you keep a track on your physical activity throughout the day. It can motivate you to set up goals and achieve them. Learn More
- “Stay Healthy… Live Happy”
Created on Sep 20th 2018 01:42. Viewed 158 times.