Maritime Courses: Building Career as Ship Managersby Pace Staff Singapore Pace Academy
This career path is chosen by many professionals who have been associated with the maritime industry for long. Professionals who want progression in the domain tend to take up maritime courses to specialise in the ‘Marine’ aspect or ‘Technical aspect. Mentors, during the Maritime Courses knows exactly what the trainees need and have the industry-relevant courses for them.
When you are over with the exhaustive training and ready to take up responsibilities as a superintendent, you must know them well.
What are the responsibilities?
The job description of a superintendent will include the following:
· He looks after the ship’s systems for maintenance and operations
· The person coordinates with the crew members and boosts their morale
· He is calculative about the budge and point of contact for the management
· He acts as a bridge between the crew and management in terms of performance or any issues
· Preparation of routine docking specification
· The individual participates in internal and external audits
· It is the responsibility of the superintendent to cut down costs and manage expenses
· Arrange for meetings with the operational staff regarding maintenance
· Tracking and documenting daily activities
· Preparation of management information
You can see that the list of responsibilities are long and it cannot happen without expert guidance or training. At the best Continuing Education Training (CET) providers, the mentors play a vital role in paving the way for the professionals who aim high in their career.
Most mid-career strugglers take admission in an Advanced Diploma to look for a way out from the stiff competition in the market. Well, fortunately, the CET providers are able to introduce them to the recent trends in the market and overcome their career stagnancy.
The training is delivered through lectures, group discussions, projects and other short assessments. During tertiary education, you often receive academic knowledge while missing out practical implementation of skills in the workplace.
The industry needs knowledge of the marine industry and also pratical skills of using modern tools for operations. The whole programme will transform your workplace knowledge and boost your confidence level.
At the end of the certificate programme, you can easily make your place in the topmost shipping organisation. You can expect a much better salary along with a higher designation.
The course fees are reasonable to enable lifelong learning for the professionals. Learning can happen at any age and the Singapore government is always trying to motivate the nations’ workforce towards development.
Created on Mar 30th 2021 01:24. Viewed 153 times.