Male Breast Reduction – Helps to Get Rid of Your “Man Boobs”by BodySculpt NYC Body Sculpt - Plastic Surgery
Male breast reduction in NYC helps men achieve a well-contoured, masculine chest. Male breast reduction surgery addresses gynecomastia, the abnormal enlargement of male breasts that may be due to hormonal imbalances, use of certain drugs and some medical conditions. According to the US National Library of Medicine, gynecomastia is the most common breast condition in males and at least 30% of males will be affected during their lifetime. As per the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), breast reduction surgery is on the rise among men. In fact, men accounted for more than 40 percent of aesthetic breast reduction surgeries for the first time in the United States and about 27,760 procedures were conducted in the year 2016 by ASPS Member Surgeons alone.
The immediate past ASPS President, Dr. David H. Song says that “Male breast reduction surgery is often done in younger men who face genetic challenges with the size and shape of their breasts, and when appropriate, surgery can make a big difference in their lives."This procedure enhances your confidence level and self-esteem, because you will no longer be embarrassed by man boobs. Moreover, you can stand up straight and hug someone without feeling self conscious. You can take off your shirt in public and involve in activities such as swimming or go for a beachside walk with the one you love.
How Male Breast Reduction Surgery Is Performed
Usually, minimally-invasive, advanced technologies such as BodyTite RFAL (radiofrequency assisted liposuction), VASER ultrasonic device or the Smartlipo Triplex laser liposuction device are utilized to carry out this procedure. It can usually be performed on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia.
- Smartlipo Triplex laser liposuction – Smartlipo Triplex is an FDA-approved, advanced laser lipolysis device that safely delivers the optimal blend of three laser wavelengths 1064 nm, 1320 nm and 1440 nm to the treatment area causing the fat to melt prior to its removal from the body. This melted fat is then suctioned from the body using a suction device without causing pain and trauma to the surrounding tissues. The heat generated during the procedure helps to tighten the skin quickly, providing for a more toned appearance.
- BodyTite RFAL- It uses radiofrequency assisted liposuction (RFAL) technology for effective body contouring and significant skin contraction. In the BodyTite hand-piece, RFAL energy passes from an internal cannula to an external electrode, delivering focused energy into the adipose tissue and fatty areas. This results in the heating of the entire soft-tissue matrix. The hand piece simultaneously aspirates the liquefied fat and coagulates the adipose, fibrous, and vascular tissues.
- VASER ultrasound-assisted liposuction – This platform utilizes high-energy ultrasonic sound waves to loosen fat while leaving important structures such as nerves and blood vessels intact, enhancing its removal with liposuction. This approach gives the surgeon even greater control in sculpting especially with high definition liposuction cases.
Benefits of the Procedure
- Safe and highly efficient
- Considerable fat reduction and effective body firming
- Provides maximum patient comfort
- Proven tissue coagulation and better skin tightening
- Reliable and controlled delivery of energy
- Less bleeding and bruising than traditional liposuction
- Low risk of complications
- Minimal scarring
- Very low incidence of irregularities
- Reduced treatment time and patient downtime
- Faster healing and quick recovery where you can return to your normal activities more quickly
Ideal Candidate for Gynecomastia Surgery
You may be a good candidate for gynecomastia surgery, if you
- Are dissatisfied with your overdeveloped male breasts
- Are physically and mentally healthy
- Area non-smoker or a non-drug user
- Have realistic expectations about outcomes
- Are near to your ideal weight
- Have excess breast tissue and skin
- Have good skin elasticity
- Before your surgery, you may have to take certain lab tests or a medical evaluation if there is a physiologic reason for the gynecomastia (your doctor will make that decision).
- You may be asked to take certain medications or adjust your current medications.
- You have to stop smoking two weeks prior to the surgery.
- Stop drinking alcohol for one week prior to surgery and for one week after surgery.
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding.
- Arrange for someone to drive you to and from surgery and to stay with you for at least the first night following surgery.
During the recovery period, dressings or bandages will be applied to your incisions and an elastic bandage or support garment may be used to minimize swelling and provide support to your new chest contour. You may be advised to wear this compression garment for 3-4 weeks after the surgery. In some cases, a temporary drain may be needed. The final outcome of your surgery may be completely visible after 3-6 months.
Make Sure That You Approach a Trained and Experienced Plastic Surgeon
If you are planning to undergo male breast reduction in NYC, then it is essential that it is carried out in an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice. The experienced and skilled plastic surgeons in NYC will listen to your concerns, examine you carefully, discuss various approaches and customize a treatment plan that is right for you. This allows you to preview the outcome of your cosmetic breast surgery and make an informed decision. They will also educate you about the benefits and risks associated with the treatment during your consultation.
Created on Jan 29th 2019 22:18. Viewed 221 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.