Making Funeral Events Memorable With Funeral Directorsby Zara Smith funeral service
No one wants to face this situation, but apparently, there comes a time in the lives of everyone when they have to make funeral related arrangements for their loved ones. Most people think that this can be done through DIY, but the fact is that without getting the assistance of one of the best funeral directors, things would continue to remain complex for you. It is said that only by relying upon these professionals, you can make the event memorable for decades to come. Other than this, some tips can also be used to make sure that the event is grand, right inside your budget and as per family’s religious and cultural beliefs.
Incorporate family Traditions
• The first step towards making your event memorable is incorporating all family traditions, religious and cultural beliefs.
• These beliefs are often assumed as a base of a family and by using them in the event; you can make it really emotional and memorable for your family and friends.
• Moreover, often it is seen that families consider these traditions and cultural beliefs very special and therefore, adding them in such an event will only do good to the same.
Send Guests Home with a Keepsake
• According to funeral directors, one more step is sending your guests back with a keepsake.
• The best thing is that there are no hard and fast rules regarding what to give and you can use even the most common things.
• This can include options like their favourite baked good recipe or bringing in a book or jewelry collection that guests can choose from.
• The benefit of taking this step is that with a keepsake, your guests will always have a piece of your loved one with them.
Use Humour when Appropriate
• Funeral directors say that using humour is also a good option in such events, but it has to be used very strategically and not very frequently.
• However, if the deceased had a really good sense of humour, you can use humour, as this would help to lighten the mood and create an uplifting feel to the service.
Honour them with Music
• Similarly, music is an important part of funeral events, but what you can do is determine the kind of music to be played.
• This should depend entirely upon the choices made by the deceased in the prepaid funeral contract or if there is no contract, consider what kind of music deceased loved to hear.
• According to funeral directors, playing their favourite song is a sentimental way to feel connected to them during this time.
Some other simple steps that can make your event memorable are –
• Have a memory table and collect items that your loved one used
• Serve their favourite snack/beverage, as this is a nostalgic way to honour your loved one
• Display photos of your loved one during important times in their life
• End the funeral service with a dove or butterfly release
• Allow guests to share memories
• Use personalized casket/urn
Created on Feb 13th 2018 03:52. Viewed 230 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.