Major Psychological Disorders and Dr. Mani Pavuluri’s Take on Themby Dr Mani Pavuluri One of the prominent Psychiatrists
In the present times, an increasing number of individuals from all across the globe are suffering from a variety of psychological or mental disorders. They tend to change behavioral patterns, adversely impact multiple aspects of human lives, and cause tremendous distress. While seeking immediate professional assistance stands to be utterly viable, one must try understanding the said conditions prior to undertaking any sort of treatment. A few major mental disorders are described in the following write-up so readers are requested to buy some time and check them out.
- Bipolar disorder involves frequent alterations in mood as well as significant shifts in the levels of energy. While some patients remain hyper or overly excited and experience prolonged periods of irritability, distraction, excess confidence, etc., a few feel extremely depressed, fatigued, and even have suicidal thoughts. Bipolar disorder in kids, also known as Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder (DMDD) has also become quite common nowadays.
- Intellectual disability, formerly referred to as mental retardation, primarily originates before a person attains 18 years of age, and is characterized through limitations in cerebral functioning and adaptive conducts. The condition is often diagnosed by simple IQ tests and treated with therapies, physical exercise, and special education.
- Communication disorders hamper a person’s ability to understand, detect, or use any kind of language or speech. Such patients often fail to interact with others, stutter while speaking, and take substantial amounts of time to comprehend what others are saying. Some of the vital treatment options in this case include behavior therapy speech therapy, and environment modification.
- Top-notch child psychiatrist, Dr. Mani Pavuluri, has stated that kids at present experience mental disorders more than the adults do. Apart from fabricating and implementing certain exceptional tactics to cure the conditions, along with her talented team Mani Pavuluru publishes books primarily to educate parents as well as teachers of such challenged children on bipolar disorder. Autism, much common in kids, is a significant psychological illness that cause persistent deficit in social interaction and restrict or impairs development.
- Anxiety disorder could be loosely defined as a condition in which excessive worry, fear, fretfulness, and related behavioral conflicts continue for prolonged periods. There are varied kinds of anxiety disorders and some of them are as follows:
- Panic attacks
- Historical trauma
- Social anxiety
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Dissociative disorder tends to damage the brain emotion cognition interrupting the diverse aspects of consciousness such as memory and identity. A major example in this case is amnesia that causes a person to forget and is basically a side-effect of traumatic incidents. The memory loss, even though temporary, may last for several years.
While there are many other psychological disorders, the ones stated above stand to be most important among the lot. In case your child, spouse, friend, or any acquaintance is suffering from any of the conditions stated above, take him or her to a medical professional immediately. Even though there are plenty of options, many modern-day individuals tend to rely upon the services offered by Dr. Mani Pavuluri, who specializes in ‘child and adolescent psychiatry’.
Created on May 30th 2018 05:33. Viewed 721 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.