Learn How to Add Comments in Google Docs
by Jack Tucker IT Support Engineer
For many situations, Google Docs is an excellent replacement for document editing for plenty of cases.
One such situation is ‘environments’ where you are often collaborating on a document with a group of people. While the group can gather in person to work on the document, there are many other ways that you can all give your input.
Inserting comments is a great way to insert notes for collaborators as well as for other viewers to see. Especially teachers love the ability to leave specific comments for the authors about just a selected part of the document.
For Teacher’s Note- User/Teacher should ensure that your students invite you to the Document as a collaborator, so you get access to it and precisely revise the text or leave comments on the document.
Comments in Google Docs
One of the helpful element for working in Google Docs as a team is the ability to add comments. It provides a means for communicating on the document content itself without affecting that content itself. Remember that these comments can be seen by others with access to the documents.
Into a Google Docs Documents Inserting a Comment
To insert a comment into a Google Docs Document kindly follow the steps given below with patience.
Note- The steps in this blog were performed in the browser-based version of Google Docs. Specifically, this was done in Google Chrome.
- Step 1: Firstly, you should open your Google Drive and then double-click on the Google Doc that you wish to comment on.
- Then, you need to highlight the text on which you wish to comment or else you can place the cursor in the document option where you want to put the comment.
- After that, click on ‘Add comment’button in the toolbar above the document.
Note- You can also do this by pressing ‘Alt + Ctrl + M’ on your keyboard.
- Then, type your comment into the field and after that click the blue comment button. Observe, the comment should show the name attached to your Google account.
- Finally, once the comment is in the document, the user can either click the ‘Resolve’ button to dismiss the comment or else you can also click the icon with three dots to either ‘Edit,’ ‘Delete,’or ‘Link’ to the comment.
Congratulations,now you can add comments in your Google Docs.
Jack Tucker is a security expert and he writes about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and is working at norton.com/setup
Source : https://nortonkeyactivation.com/learn-how-to-add-comments-in-google-docs/
Created on Dec 19th 2018 11:45. Viewed 272 times.