LATEST ETHNIC TRENDS FOR THE UPCOMING HARVEST FESTIVAL SEASONby Xerve Id user friendly
Baisakhi is the harvest festival of the state of Punjab, it is celebrated with a great pomp and show with the streets full of women wearing colourful Patiala suits and men in kurta pyjama. So, given the old Patiala suit a touch of new, the latest trends call for women wearing medium length kurta with a pleated salwar or plazo.
Women can also wear the traditional Patiala kurtas in new styles to give a touch of modernity with traditional.
Bihu is the Assamese festival of harvest. For womesn the traditional Bihu outfit is the Mekhala Chador which is wrapped like a saree.
The major difference now is that women have switched to sarees and pre stiched drapes too. For this festival silk, gorette or cotton sarees are worn with a colour pallette of yellow, maroon, orange etc.
The spring harvest festival is celebrated in Tamil Nadu. It is also celebrated in countries like Mauritius, Singapore and Malaysia which have a high population of Tamilians. Traditionally Tamil Nadu is known for its Kanchipuram and Chennai silk sarees with a lot of intricate zari thread work. Now women wear beautiful embroidered sarees or a white pattu with a colourful blouse.
Giving the traditional saris a touch of modernity, dhoti saris with belts and silver heavy jewellery can do the work.
Traditional silk saris with designer blouses, beautiful hairstyles and makeup can also give your traditional Pongal look the touch of modernity. This will surely break the monotony and make all the heads turn your way.
TIPS THAT CAN MAKE ANY ETHNIC OUTFIT STAND OUT
1) Give a twist to the way you drape your sari, this way you can make a statement by not putting a lot of efforts.
2) Ethnic maxi dresses whose length is up to knees, upto ankles or floor length dresses are the best fusion of Indian as well as western wear. These dresses in vibrant colours are fit for any and all festivals.
3) Ethnic jackets in beautiful prints and embroideries can elevate any basic look. Underneath this jacket you can wear any basic kurta or dress.
4) Another way to create a good fusion is by combining t shirt with a beautiful long skirt, dhoti pants or palazzos. This helps you make a statement and yet look very effortless.
5) Another way in which you can up your ethnic game is by pairing saris with crop tops and break the monotony.
6) Other than these things you can simply wear any outfit and elevate your style by using accessories like gajra, necklaces, earrings and beautiful handbags
7) Well, for guys festivals can be boring with only kurta pyjama, but you can uplift it with wearing kolhapuri chappals.
8) You can also go all out and wear kurta with cool sneakers.
9) Guys can also wear bandhgalas or round neck shirts in linen and look festive ready.
10) Any simple shirt and pant can be elevated by just wearing an ethnic Nehru jacket.
11) 11)You can also up your game by wrapping a scarf or shawl around your neck or shoulders. In this way you will certainly stand out from the crowd.
12) 12) You can also go traditional and yet look like you just came from a ramp by fusing your dhoti look with a shirt, band gala or Nehru jacket.
Created on Jun 3rd 2020 07:11. Viewed 69 times.