Knowing Important Facts about CD/DVD Duplicationby Amelie Viz Replication and Duplication Process
If you are thinking about getting CD/DVD replication services, it is important that you know everything about this service. Having this knowledge will help you get the best of this process and help you decide between duplicating and replication.
What is DVD Replication?
- This is the name given to a method of creating copies of the
content stored in a disc that is used as a master disc for this purpose.
- This process includes creating a glass master and pressing it onto
empty aluminium or polymer discs.
- The best feature of this process as compared to duplication is
that really professional look as well as content is guaranteed and the content
is the exact replica of the master disc.
- This is where this process has derived its name from because the
copied discs will be as flawless and error-free as the master disc itself and
no common man would be able to differentiate between them.
- Other than this, companies involved in this business also have the
option of silkscreen or offset printing onto the DVD surface.
- These companies have numerous packaging options like gatefold, simple clear
plastic sleeve and different kinds of DVD cases along with numerous printing
When is DVD Replication used?
- The next question that we will mull upon is when is this process
brought into use and the answer is present in the following points.
- According to the experts, this process can be the most beneficial
when there is a requirement of 500 or more copies of the master disc.
- In this regards, it is important to know that the initial cost of
this process could appear really high, but once glass master is created, the
process becomes really easy, fast and inexpensive.
- After glass master creation, it would become even more inexpensive
and fast once the first 1000 units have been pressed.
- On the other hand, we have the process of duplication that is really
affordable right from the word "go", but as the quantity gets higher,
the costs remain the same so it starts to become less viable.
What is the purpose?
- The process of CD and DVD replication can be the ideal choice is
there is a requirement of a number that cannot be achieved by the counterpart
process called "duplication".
- One more reason why this process is used more frequently is the
necessity of a professional looking content.
- Experts say that if the purpose of mass producing of DVDs is to
sell in retail outlets then replication is the only option.
- The best thing about the replicated discs is that they will be
compatible with all kinds of disc players, no matter how advanced or old-school
Created on Feb 26th 2018 04:13. Viewed 354 times.