Know about the Uses of FRP in 5 Important Sectorsby Michael Griffin Michael
The invention of fibreglass is a milestone for the industrial as well as constructional fields. Fibreglass reinforced plastic or FRP has brought a revolutionary change in the constructional field. Within a very short time, this composite raw material has become quite popular over the world because of its wide applications in diverse industrial sectors.
- Amazing Features of Fibreglass
FRP has some awesome features which make it superior to the traditional materials, such as, iron, steel and more. Some of the features include,
yet light weighted
to fire and electric
- Applications of FRP Structures and Products
There is a wide range of industrial sectors and other domains where the application of fibreglass products are quite common. If the readers want to know more about this topic, they may dive into the below section now.
· Waste Water Treatment Plant: There are different types of FRP products and structures which are used in the wastewater treatment plants. FRP odour control covers, handrail systems, grating platform, instrumental stands are the common ones. Water plants are the places where prevailing of obnoxious smell becomes the major cause of worry to many. Odour control tanks can successfully remove the foul smells and thus prevents air pollution. The non-corrosive FRP tank covers do not get affected while remaining exposed in the severe weather condition.
· Marine And Shipping: Fibreglass non-slip grating structure is the most suitable products for the marine and shipping field. Since they are non-corrosive in nature, they remain inactive in the highly corrosive environment. The engineers design the structure in a special way so that they can ideally fit all the needs of the marine sector. They are resistant to salt water and non-slip in nature. GRP grating platform is used to make jetty.
· Recreational Public Infrastructure: Composite boardwalks, manufactured by FRP are ideal for recreational public infrastructure. They can provide the users with a better grip to their feet since they are non-slip. Moreover, they remain inactive to moisture and other highly corrosive conditions. This is the reason, why they are perfect to use in the public infrastructure.
· Food And Beverage: Food production companies can get several advantages by using FRP products and structures. Milk processing plants are the major one where the people can find the installation of FRP handrail system and more.
Gas And Petrochemicals: Oil and
petrochemical industries are at high risk. The floor may become slippery
because of oil. Moreover, there is a high risk of fire. Non-slip FRP handrail
and grating can resist the users from falling and as they are non-resistant to
heat, they can enhance safety.
Hope all the given information is useful for the readers. To know more, they may take the help of the experts and surf the internet.
Created on Jun 22nd 2018 08:30. Viewed 183 times.