Key Tips to Customise Your Magento 2 Store Checkout Systemby JONATHAN PAUL Jonathan Paul working at PHPProgrammers, a leading
If you are running an eCommerce business and have taken a look at the best Magento 2 stores, you must know that customers are driven more towards the stores with a short, simple, and customised checkout system. Here are a few tips shared by an expert Magento developer in Sydney, to implement the same in your new store.
According to research and studies, it has been seen that a precise and well-designed checkout system of an online store can lower cart abandonment level to a great extent, increasing conversions and sales at the same time. Therefore, if you are facing cart abandonment issues with your store as well, the most likely issue can be your checkout system. Though you are displaying the most loved and high-quality products at your store, something is definitely stopping them from buying the products at the end of their shopping process.
Here’s your quick guide to help you to customise the checkout process of the store to ensure reduced friction and create enjoyable and seamless shopping experiences for your customers.
Key tips to customise the checkout system shared by a Magento developer in Sydney.
Install one-step checkout extension of Magento 2:
This is the first step you need to take for your store’s checkout page customisation. Installing this one-step checkout extension of Magento 2 can let your store enjoy plenty of benefits along with easy maintenance, consistent upgrades, guaranteed compatibility with the Magento 2 store, etc. This particular extension of the latest version of the platform allows you to create a fully responsive and single-page checkout system to make it quick for the customers to buy their required stuff with just a few clicks and adding just a few fields in minutes. In addition to this, this Magento 2 extension also offers innumerable helpful features to ensure reduced or no errors and glitches. Some of these features include: -
- Google address suggestions and GeoIP detection: These tools suggest addresses when the customers are seen typing their address details. This actually minimises errors like missing details, spelling mistakes, etc.
- Clear order details: - Customers can choose from the different options to get their products on their preferred delivery dates. Customers can also specify any note or message for their orders if they want.
- Payment trust badges: - Your store must be able to improve and gain customer trust with a secured and trusted security seal on the checkout page.
- A responsive checkout is always preferred: - This one-step checkout extension of version 2 is specially designed to fit different mobile devices and screen resolutions. This version is designed to make store navigation and checkout an easy process for the customers no matter what mobile device he or she is using.
- Multiple payment choices: - Business owners can now accept payments from the customers through the most popular and widely used payment gateways like credit cards, debit cards, PayPal, Authorise.net, Braintree, and more.
If you want your store to enjoy all these, look for the step-by-step guide and follow the instructions to download the extension and install it on the store before moving on to the next checkout customisation tip.
Customising the default checkout template of Magento 2 is what you need to do next:
For additional and improved customisability and in-depth altering of the checkout system, you can checkout different tutorials online but one thing you cannot miss out is customising the default checkout template of Magento 2. You can customise the checkout template with: -
- One of few more additional checkout steps
- Customisable designs of your store’s checkout steps
- More payment options
- Additional validation requirements
- Specialised templates for form fields
- Shipping carrier details
- Lists of shipping procedures
A few more store checkout customisation tips are here to be followed:
- Shorten your checkout process
- Fasten the store’s checkout process
- Maximise one-page layout for checkout
- Total order display with all the details in the checkout page
- Prioritise information in the checkout page layout
- Provide customising options for more personal orders
Now, before your begin with your store’s checkout customisation, ensure you have got it built with Magento 2 and if it is your existing store, you must make sure it is migrated to this version with all its data, products, and information.
Jonathan Paul is a dedicated and highly skilled Magento developer in Sydney associated with a reputed company, PHPProgrammers. The author has years of experience in this platform and has written this article to make sure developers build customised and quick checkout system in every Magento 2 store from now.
Created on Sep 17th 2020 02:58. Viewed 74 times.