Is Cheap Dedicated Server Hosting Worth It?by Moni Singh go4hosting
Everyone wants to enjoy dedicated hosting for low prices, but finding an affordable dedicated hosting package and finding the cheap dedicated server hosting plans is not one and the same thing. Dedicated hosting is rarely cheap because of this type of hosting service, you can enjoy an entire server exclusively for your business needs. This explains why dedicated servers are always costlier compared to virtual private servers or shared servers. However, it may be possible to get a cheap dedicated server hosting package at times when web hosting providers offer promotional discounts.
Things to check before you buy cheap dedicated server hosting:
- While it is possible to find a cheap dedicated server for your business, there are some factors which you must consider to ensure that you get full value for your money. There are specific threats like the DDoS or Distributed Denial of Service threats which can cripple any server. In such a situation, a server gets overflowed with user requests so much so that it becomes unresponsive in the end. There are also many security threats which are designed for stealing data, like credit card frauds or data for sale in black markets. When your server becomes a prey to such attacks and DDoS threats, it can tarnish your business credibility and your longstanding reputation. In one type of DoS attacks, there are many malicious computers which start to flood your server with traffic. They end up wasting your resources and spoil user experience for your regular customers. So, instead of settling for cheap dedicated server hosting, you need to ensure that your host has effective firewalls deployed to prevent malware from infiltrating the server. You need a provider which carries out scans regularly to detect vulnerabilities and security loopholes. You should also monitor the website regularly for any kind of unusual behavior.
- When you choose a cheap dedicated server hosting plan, you may also find that the quality of services is not up-to-the-mark. While you will be able to save initially, you will find that you are spending much more on features which are not included in the package. So, when you choose a web host, you need to review the hosting plans based on multiple considerations, and not simply price. Web hosts offer low-priced plans in an attempt to woo more clients. They are keen to sign more and more contracts and deploy new servers. However, the technical team may not be equipped to handle troubleshooting problems of so many clients at the same time. You need to find out about their teams’ response times and any hidden fees before you sign up.
- In most cases when web hosts are desperate to sell hosting plans, they can rarely sustain their business. So, before you sign up for cheap dedicated server hosting plans, you must make sure that your host is financially stable and will be around. There is no sense in settling for a plan when your host may be forced to discontinue its operations in the next one year.
- When you are getting a cheap dedicated server hosting package, you should make it a point to find out about the quality of hardware the host will be offering. If your host is giving you a bunch of outdated components you cannot get a desirable uptime and your site performance will be hampered. You should find out well in advance about any "extra" features that you may be forced to buy later, like hardware upgrades, security updates, backups, management of servers etc.
- You should also find out how secure the data centers are where your data are going to be stored. Any reliable facility will have redundant power connections, smoke detection and early warning systems, cooling systems and robust security systems. So, it is advisable to do your homework before you choose a cheap hosting plan.
Created on Mar 13th 2018 02:20. Viewed 533 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.