Interesting Facts About Traditional Bahamian Foodby Henry W. Recommendation To Improve Business
If you want to try out adventures, one of the best ways is that you visit a new place where you can enjoy a new place and have the native food of the place. For this reason, you can consider visiting the Bahamas where you can enjoy Traditional Bahamian Food and enjoy great beaches. Here are five interesting facts about traditional Bahamian food: -
1. When you visit the Bahamas, you will get to explore various restaurants which also includes international tastes and styles. The native cuisine of Bahamas usually includes seafood which has been naturally caught from the shore, which means it is fresh. These dishes are prepared using the best local flavours, and this is the reason why it gets a unique local taste. You will also get to experience unique species and ingredients at different restaurants from experienced chefs.
2. A true Bahamian meal is not complete without side dishes. For this reason, you will always be offered side dishes like creamy potato salad and coleslaw. Another classic Bahamian side dish is baked macaroni and cheese. This dish is seasoned with onions, green peppers and different spices and herbs, and it is served as a component of lunch, dinner, and other holiday meals.
3. In case of drinks, the Bahamas has a long history with rum which is featured in various Bahamian cocktails. One of the popular cocktails is Goombay Smash which is made from rum, pineapple juice and coconut. Another unique drink in the Bahamas is the Switcha which is essentially a lemonade prepared from local lemons and limes, and it is a perfectly refreshing drink that you can enjoy on a hot day.
4. Desserts are also an important part of the traditional Bahamian food, and one of the popular desserts is the rum cake. Another important dessert is guava duff made from indigenous fruits and guava, which is served with butter rum sauce.
5. Talking about unique species and ingredients, meat from conch mollusc is one of the favourite Bahamas food, and it can be served in different ways, including conch salad, scorched conch. Also, there is scorched conch which can be served raw with hot pepper and is topped with fresh tomato and onion slices. You can also try out fish and grits, which is worth trying. It includes fish cooked with salt pork, onions, and green pepper. There is also Fish Chowder which is made with grouper, tomatoes, dark rum and lime juice.Therefore, no matter what food you want to try for your food experience, all these foods are worth trying for. So, if you want to learn more about Bahamian cuisine, you can take Tru Bahamian food tours through which you can learn more about local ingredients.
Created on Jun 1st 2020 05:48. Viewed 197 times.