Installing and Updating QuickBooks Database Server Managerby Linda Martin Certified QuickBooks Expert QuickBooks Database Server Manger allows user to configure the software server for multi-user access. The tool also helps in creating network data file for any company file. One of the reasons why installing Database Server Manage recommended is because it allows the user to use multi- versions of QB desktop software. Moreover, the tool can also connect with multiple systems to perform tasks.
What activities the tool performs?
- Scans all the company files in QB in which multi-users can have access
- Examining of local storage device and detect new company file
Methods to install QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- To start the installation, double click on the QuickBooks installer
- If other programs are running, close them and click on next
- Read all terms before going ahead
- Once done- choose the custom or Network Options
- Select the install type- Select I’ll be using QuickBooks on this computer AND I’ll be storing…. when you will run the QuickBooks program on this computer. Select I will NOT be using QuickBooks on this Computer…. when you will only store QuickBooks data on this computer.
- Once you get the access, enter the License Number and Product Number
Updating QuickBooks Database Server Manager-
It is important that you update QuickBooks DB server manager regularly. Here is how you can update the database server-
- Download & update QuickBooks Desktop. Make sure the patch is the same for the server & computer.
- Upon finishing the installation, reboot the serer
- Once the update is done, you will see the message, “‘Company file requires to be updated.’ You will also see pop-up to make the back-up necessary as there can be changes in the database structure.
Few Tips on using QuickBooks Database Server Manager-
If you are using Database Server Manager of QuickBooks, then here are few quick tips to follow-
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager creates Network Data files which are generally stored on the host computer. However, if you want to work on multiple versions of QuickBooks Desktop, then you will need to install each version of Database Server Manager.
- In this case, you will also have to install Database Server Manager in Chronological order
- When QB Database server manager is installed, there is a user in each QB versions
Connect with QB Experts-
In case, if you are not getting the clear idea about how to use and update QB Database server manager, quickely connect with QuickBooks support team at @ +1-877-263-2742.
Created on Apr 13th 2019 05:24. Viewed 79 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.