Installing and Updating QuickBooks Database Server Managerby Linda Martin Professional Consultant
QuickBooks Database Server Manager allows the user to configure the software server for multi-user access. The tool also helps in creating the network data file for any company file. One of the reasons why installing Database Server Manage recommended is because it allows the user to use multi- versions of QB desktop software. Moreover, the tool can also connect with multiple systems to perform tasks.
What activities QB DB Server Manager tool perform?
- Scans all the company files in QB in which multi-users can have access
- Examining the local storage device and detect new company file
- To start the installation, double click on the QuickBooks installer
- If other programs are running, close them and click on next
- Read all terms before going ahead
- Once done- choose the custom or Network Options
- Select the install type- Select I’ll be using QuickBooks on this computer AND I’ll be storing…. when you will run the QuickBooks program on this computer. Select I will NOT be using QuickBooks on this Computer…. when you will only store QuickBooks data on this computer.
- Once you get the access, enter the License Number and Product Number
- Download & update QuickBooks Desktop. Make sure the patch is the same for the server & computer.
- Upon finishing the installation, reboot the server
- Once the update is done, you will see the message, “‘Company file requires to be updated.’ You will also see a pop-up to make the back-up necessary as there can be changes in the database structure.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager creates Network Data files which are generally stored on the host computer. However, if you want to work on multiple versions of QuickBooks Desktop, then you will need to install each version of Database Server Manager.
- In this case, you will also have to install the Database Server Manager in Chronological order
- When QB Database server manager is installed, there is a user in each QB versions
Created on Apr 13th 2019 04:24. Viewed 579 times.