HP Wireless Printer Setup on MAC – Complete User Guideby Carl Smith Software Developer
Most cases, when you add a printer, mac OS uses AirPrint to connect to the printer, or automatically downloads the printer’s software that is called a printer driver. Before installing the software that came with the printer or from the manufacturer’s site one sees the instructions one of the tasks below, and mac OS will prompt to download the latest software if needed.
If your printer is AirPrint enabled, it’s compatible with mac OS. If your printer isn’t AirPrint-enabled, you can confirm compatibility with macOS by checking the Apple Support for mac drivers for Printer and scanner drivers.
Add HP Printer on Mac
First step to adding a printer, make sure the USB cable is properly connected to the computer and the printer to both ends, and that the printer’s power is turned on.
Once you have connected the printer and turned it on, it should be recognized by your Mac OS. To see if your printer is recognized by the operating system, select Preferences from the Apple, then Print & Fax, and click on the Printing tab .
- (Your printer should be listed on the left side of the window.)
If the printer is not listed, you may need to visit the printer’s manufacturer website to download exact drivers. Maybe, if your printer is a recently released model. The procedure for installing the printer driver application will vary depending on the machine manufacturer, but it is generally straight forward. You download the software from the website, then run an installer setup file which will guide you through the installation procedure. You may need to install driver software, if your printer has special features that are not enabled by the certain driver installed by the operating system.
- To install USB printers you can also install printers that have been shared on the network. You can even print to network printers using the TCP/IP protocol. You need to know the printer’s IP address.
- To install the same network shared or IP printer, go to System Preferences, select Printing under Print & Fax. Now, click on the plus sign below the printer list.
- There will be two buttons at the top of the Printer Browser window that opens up default Browser, and IP Printers, Select Default Browser and then choose a printer from the available list.
- Now Your computer will attempt to communicate with your printer. Once a connection has been successfully done, the Add button will activate and now you can click the same button to add your printer.
- If installing an IP printer, select IP Printers at the top of the Printer Browser window.
- You have to know the protocol used to connect to the printer. Mainly, this is IPP (Internet Printing Protocol), but for some HP printers you may need to choose HP JetDirect. Under IP Address, enter the IP address for the printer that is made up of four numbers separated by dots. Once your computer successfully connects to the printer, then the Add button at the bottom of the window will activate now you can click on it to add the printer, so you can perform your printing job.
Created on Nov 9th 2020 08:31. Viewed 77 times.